ix

CHAPTER IX

He wouldn't be at the party, right?

❝ He wouldn't be at the party, right? ❞

"Slow down there for a bit." chuckled Lucy. "You're gonna break my bone or two."

Laughing softly at her comment, Carol pulled away as Lucy's eyes scanned her body up and down.

"You've grown older" smirked Lucy and added with a wink, "and hotter."

Slightly flustered, but used to such comments from her, Carol just chuckled softly as she turned to meet the curious gazes of the vampire and hybrid standing there.

"Lucia Wright." said Carol as she introduced her to them.

"But people tend to call me Lucy." added Lucy. "Although, I must admit Carol, they already had the glorious opportunity to meet me."

"Surprising." said the Mayor, her eyes darting between the three of them. "I didn't know you knew them."

"Come on Carol, who doesn't know the infamous Original Hybrid." smirked Lucy.

"Didn't know you two were friends." he smirked back.

"Oh, you know, it's just my charming aura and exceptional quality to make fast friends. Truly beneficial, to be honest." she replied, her face morphing into a grin.

◇◇◆◇◆◇◇

"How's Tyler doing?" asked Lucy as she and Carol continued to walk alongside through the party, talking amongst themselves.

After they had excused themselves from the hybrid and the older Salvatore, they caught up to each other's lives, discussing how Carol became the Mayor, through which Lucy came to know about the tragic death of Carol's husband, when the topic eventually shifted to her son, Tyler Lockwood.

"Became a senior this year. And of course a hybrid." sighed Carol sadly.

"Don't listen to anything Damon says." said Lucy, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Trust me, Tyler is better off as a hybrid. At least he doesn't have to go through the monthly pain of transition."

"What about the sire bond then?"

"He will get used to it, eventually." shrugged Lucy.

"And speaking of Tyler, I didn't get to meet him properly yet." grinned Lucy, successfully turning the topic around. "I mean I met him briefly at the homecoming, but never really got the chance to introduce myself properly."

"How old was he when he first met you?" asked Carol with a ghost of a smile on her face.

"Um... I don't remember exactly." said Lucy, biting her lip in thought. "But, he was, what? This tall-" she used her hand to display the height, which was a little higher than her waist. "when I met him. I reckon he would be eight or nine."