lxxviii

CHAPTER LXXVIII

I have my magic. . .

Niklaus found her in the bar the next morning

"Lucy!" he exclaimed, looking at her in bafflement.

"Mhmm! Don't worry!" Lucy slurred, moving the glass of tequila out of his reach.

"It won't harm me. I have my magic. . ." she giggled, wiggling her fingers in the air, ". . .to control it."

"Come here. Come here." she beckoned him to come closer with her hand, jumping off the barstool and stumbling on her feet due to how intoxicated she was.

Klaus sped up to her, catching her and gripped her by the waist to pick her up and put back onto the barstool.

"This is clearly harming you." he stared at her with narrowed eyes, a clear scolding on the way.

"Mhmm." she mumbled, wrapping her arms around his neck to tug him down towards her. "I'm okay."

"Alcohol is not good for you or our baby." he scolded. "And clearly, not this much."

"Okay." she nodded innocently, peering up at him with big eyes as she raised her hand to touch his lips.

"Lucy. . ."

"You're okay." she whispered, cupping his face as her eyes began watering.

"Yes, love." he frowned. "I'm okay. Nothing happened to me. I'm alright."

"Yes." she nodded, taking in a deep breath, as a tear fell down her cheek. "You're okay."

"I am." he said, panicking.

"They-" she choked on her words, holding back a sob, "they wanted to kill you."

"What?" he questioned, his brows creasing in genuine confusion and shock alike. "What are you saying, Lucy?"

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." she hid her face into the crook of his neck. "I brought you into all of this madness. I'm so sorry."

"Hey, hey," he cupped her face with his hands and made her look into his eyes, "I am not understanding what exactly you're trying to say. Please, tell me everything from the beginning. Who told you all this? Who will kill me?"

"I-I" she hiccuped, "I killed Casper."

"What? You went there-"

"-he told me stuff before dying." she said, squeezing her eyes shut in disgust, "He said that they came to Brie's birthday party to get you. Richard wanted to sacrifice you. But Dietrich convinced him to sacrifice Brie, and then. . ."