xlii

Lucy's look for the chapter ≈

CHAPTER XLII

And you also saw what happened that day at the Grill.

"OH MY GOD! WHAT DID I MISS!"

Vaishali's loud exclamation nearly tore apart Lucy's eardrums, compelling her to draw the phone away from her ear momentarily.

"You missed a lot." Lucy laughed as Vaishali groaned from the order side of the call.

"Well, begin from the beginning. Spill the tea, baby."

"Okay." she laughed. "So, um, we met at the Pageant and were eating pastry away from the crowd. So he went like 'I thought you hated butterscotch', and I was like 'no it's vanilla, don't scare me like that' and then he offered to taste it, so I fed him the last piece of my pastry- he hadn't even touched his pastry- and then he took like a millenium to eat it and then he went like 'I'm not sure of the taste you should try it again' and I was like 'there is no more left'. So he went saying 'there are ways too' with that gorgeous little innocent smile of his, so I also played innocent and it was like back and forth convo and then we finally kissed."

"YESS! FINALLY! I've been waiting for you two to just kiss already. And besides, I get my fifty dollars."

"Fifty dollars for what?"

"It's for a bet, don't worry." she said in a carefree tone.

"A bet? On me, is it?"

"Ah, no. On both of you, kissing before the end of this month."

"Oh, god. You and your bets." Lucy groaned playfully. "Okay, but now hear. So we talked after that about my life but midway I asked him if he would ever want a child, you know adopt someone, maybe? But he said he didn't think he would."