xiii

CHAPTER XIII

Pleasure meeting you.

"I'm really sorry for how Casper behaved back there

"I'm really sorry for how Casper behaved back there." said Lucy with an apologetic smile as she took a sip from her wine glass.

"No worries." Klaus said calmly, not wanting to ruin either his mood or the party.

"By the way, who exactly is he? Or might I ask, what is he?" asked Klaus curiously.

"A witch, one of the reasons for hating vampires." said Lucy. "So, please don't mind his behaviour. It's mutual for every vampire."

"Childhood friends, huh?" asked Klaus who doesn't seem keen on dropping the topic anytime soon.

"Nice guess." she nodded. "More than a century and half."

"Interesting." hummed Klaus, drowning his remaining wine just as Elijah's voice flooded everyone's ears.

"Uh, if everyone could gather please." came Elijah's voice as Klaus politely excused himself to stand along his siblings on the stairs.

"Welcome. Thank you for joining us." said Elijah just as the Original Witch ascended down to join her family as well. "You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance. Tonight's pick is a centuries old waltz, so if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom."

"May I?" asked Klaus as he returned back to her side, extending his hand for her to take.

"Gladly." she smiled gratefully, accepting his hand as all the pairs gathered in the ballroom, all standing in coordination.

The song 'Give Me Love' by Ed Sheeran played in the background as everyone started dancing.

"Do you know that girl he's dancing with?" asked Lucy as her eyes remained fixated on Casper who was dancing with a blond-haired girl clad in a beautiful teal-colored gown.

"That's Caroline Forbes." responded Klaus in an overly-calm fashion, who was obviously irritated or maybe even jealous by the fact that Lucy had yet to even glance his way since the dance started.

"Oh, Liz's daughter. Right, they look familiar." she nodded, her gaze still set on the pair of them. "Isn't she a vampire?"

"Exactly. I thought he hated vampires."

"Me too."

"Are you jealous?" asked Klaus as Lucy's gaze finally shifted to him at this question.

"No." she said in a 'duh' tone. "I'm just worried that he is willingly associating with a vampire. Somethin' going on in his mind."