xliv

Lucy's look for the chapter ≈

CHAPTER XLIV

How'd you sleep?

❝ How'd you sleep? ❞

tw : anxiety, fear of losing a relationship, blood

Lucy was no longer elated when Klaus had disappeared, ignoring all her texts and calls. She'd even checked the whole area, but to no avail.

Hayley was also nowhere to be seen, leaving Lucy to wonder what had she told Klaus that he'd suddenly disappeared.

However, she refused to believe that he'd ghosted on her tonight, but when the crowd started slowly thinning down, she'd no choice but to take Brie and leave.

Brie had posed her own questions of where 'Nik' had gone to. And Lucy had to stifle down all those queries with spineless excuses as she felt a venomous pang in her heart.

There were only three possibilities.

First : He ghosted on her due to urgent stuff.

Second : He ghosted on her purposely.

Third : He was in grave danger or perhaps kidnapped.

Lucy crossed out the second one for her heart didn't quite agree. She believes to know Niklaus at least that much, in time they'd spent together, to know that he wouldn't ghost on her at this stage.

The third possibility also seemed absurd. True that the Mystic Fallers were keen on taking him down in the past, but now Stefan was working with him to find the cure. So she crossed out this possibility too.

That only left the first possibility which was the only reasonable explanation Lucy could come up with to herself.

However, when a crimson drenched figurine entered (or more like stumbled into) her house at two in the morning, all possibilities were crossed out and Lucy got the only explanation, the real explanation, at the first glance.