lii

Lucy's look for the chapter ≈

CHAPTER LII

Surprise for me too.

Lucy woke up to the sun blazing in her eyes

"Ugh." she groaned, turning on her side as she came in contact with something flesh-like and peeked an eye open to see Nik sleeping peacefully next to her, and last night's incidents came flooding back to her.

She smiled to herself at the sight before her, shuffling in close, and pulling the sheets higher onto their bare bodies, as she looked at his peaceful expression fondly.

"I know it's not good to stare," she began, whispering to his sleeping form, "but you look heavenly right now. And I want to tell you that I am so thankful that Brie has gotten you as his father. I can't wait to prepare our wedding vows."

She finished with a giggle, leaving a kiss on their intertwined hands and she quietly slipped out of the sheets, careful to not wake him.

When she returned from getting cleaned up and clothed for the day, she still found him fast asleep and checked the time to be half past noon.

She sat by the dressing mirror, beginning to do her hair and turned on her phone to see several missed calls from Stefan.

She typed him a quick message.

Everything okay? ━ Lucy

Stefan ━ Call me.

She set down the hairbrush and ducked inside the bathroom to dial him.

"Hello."

"Hey, what happened, Stef?"

"Where is Klaus?"