xxxiv

CHAPTER XXXIV

Turns out destiny arranged a date for us itself.

Niklaus Mikaelson was surprised, no he was astounded, when he received a phone call from his youngest brother stating an emergency and that he would advise his urgent presence at some sort of club whose name he recollected as 'Le More Club'?- or m...

Niklaus Mikaelson was surprised, no he was astounded, when he received a phone call from his youngest brother stating an emergency and that he would advise his urgent presence at some sort of club whose name he recollected as 'Le More Club'?- or maybe no, it was 'L' Amore Club'.

His mind had gone to the worst case scenarios, varying from a hunter attack to daylight ring theft. Although, all those thoughts were flushed out of his mind when the youngest Mikaelson had welcomed him with open arms at the entrance of that club with a cheeky smile persistent on his face. And, those thoughts had run further away when Kol had made him come inside and had pointed at a certain someone dancing at the dance floor.

"Now, tell me how great I am." Kol had stated smugly and, frankly enough, for the first time Niklaus really felt proud of his brother.

"Well, that you are, for the first time." said Niklaus, thumping his brother on the back with distinct pride. "Although you might want to excuse me now, I've got a lady to impress."

"Hey, where?" Kol stopped him. "You would go there like this?"

"What's wrong with this?" shrugged Niklaus, looked down at the casual t-shirt, pants and jacket he was wearing.

"Well, come here. Look at her." he tilted his head towards her and then at him. "Now, look at you."

"And, yeah. There's nothing wrong."

"Oh, come on-"

"I'm eternally charming."

Kol nearly snorted, letting his big brother remain swelled in his ego as Niklaus left his side. However, he did shout one last thing after his retreating figure.

"At least do your hair, Nik! Trust me, they look hideous!"

◇◇◆◇◆◇◇

Lucy wasn't sure who she wanted to kill. Vaishali or Kol? The one who let out the fact that Niklaus is in Italy or the one who had read that message and is most probably planning something sneaky.

Nevertheless, she might very well kill both of them.

She has no idea why in the name of merlin have she started acting awkwardly all over again even though she and Niklaus had settled down everything the previous day only. But, let god be with her.

Her mind just said one thing right now.
'Niklaus can't be in Italy.'

And her heart said the exact opposite.
'Is Niklaus really in Italy?'