lx

CHAPTER LX

Oh, yes, he will.

"Werewolves are banned in the Quarter!" Klaus yelled at them, dumping yet another body into the pile of Rebekah's vampire kills

"Werewolves are banned in the Quarter!" Klaus yelled at them, dumping yet another body into the pile of Rebekah's vampire kills. "I had a plan and your little stroll put it all in peril!"

"Leave him!" he shouted at Rebekah who made to stalk towards a vampire of the pile who had begun groaning. "You've done enough, don't you think? Leaving a trail of bodies like a road map to our door?"

"I was called here to keep her safe." Rebekah retorted back. "I did exactly that. Otherwise you would have found these girls in pieces. And don't give that crap about having a plan. You've had all the time in the world to execute a plan, and no one's seen you do a damn thing! Elijah stood by you. He wanted this family to be whole again. But now he's disappeared. And obviously it's you who have done something. I've searched the entire house, so tell me, Nik, where did you hide our brother?"

"Oh, I don't know," Klaus began, voice dripping with sarcasm, "maybe he's having a nice little autumn nap upstairs."

"Oh, of course," she scoffed, "here Elijah did everything in the world to keep your child safe and you dagger him. Tell me, what have you even done other than drink New Orleans dry with Marcel?"

"That's quite enough, Rebekah." Lucy interjected sharply, her eyes flickering to the anger ridden face of Niklaus. "Don't speak of things you know not of."

"Oh, no, wait Lucy, let me spell it out for her." Klaus began, voice icy. "So, listen, Rebekah, to all that I have done other than drink New Orleans dry with Marcel."

"From the day I arrived, Marcel hasn't trusted me. From day one, he's had his vampires ingest toxic vervain which, as you know, little sister, protects them from my mind compulsion." he continued. "I needed a spy, someone on the inside with me who Marcel would never suspect. So, I created a day zero and got there first. Marcel had just lost six vampires to your little murder spree, and he needed new recruits. So, I made the new one mine, before he'd had even a drop of vervain. But we all know the real way to a man is through his heart so I compel the bartender he has a thing for and make sure she tells me everything he tells her of his empire."

He grabbed a vampire from the pile, one who was apparently alive.

"And this one- I'm gonna drain him of vervain, compel him to believe that his mates found religion and moved to Utah. So that he could explain to Marcel why he lost three more vampires tonight."

He began dragging him inside, making others follow suit.

"Does anyone have any more questions? No? Good. Because I do have a question." he turned angrily towards the trio. "What happened out there?"