liv

CHAPTER LIV

You don't deserve to be selfish.

Lucy tried to keep her breathing normal as she scrambled through her clothes in her cupboard, her hands searching for a single piece of parchment that she'd hidden there months ago

She rubbed her eyes harshly to un-blur them as she finally pulled the parchment out and unfolded it.

Lucia, I'm not writing to you to ask about your lifestyle and how your life is going on.

I'm writing to you to talk about something important and something that can't be allowed to reach anyone's ears. Talking over the phone was dangerous. This letter is spelled shut and its real contents can be only visible to you.

I believe that Casper has sent you a collection of my spell books. They aren't meant for your time pass. They have to be used to bring your father back to life. I've worked over them my whole life.

I'm quite sure that you haven't opened them even once, so let me enlighten you about its contents. They contain the only few possible ways to bring a person back to life. We've long ago discussed one of them, a very promising one I must say, but as it turns out you've been reluctant. I know you still are. But think bigger, Lucia. It is the only way to bring Steve back to life.

A loved one for a loved one. This is the only way. I have only loved two people in my life, Steve and you. Steve is no longer with us. And you, my daughter, will not be the one to be sacrificed. It's you who'll have to do it. You've loved many people. You still love many. Pick up any one of them whom you love as equally as Steve. Use that vampire friend of yours. Or much better use your daughter. Your parent child bond will be the perfect replacement for the bond you shared with Steve.

And even if you'd fail, we have a long list of your loved ones, don't we?

I wish you'd reconsider. Once Steve will be back we'll be once again a happy family. I'm even ready to forget all that you'd done in the past.

Just think. And possibly act fast.

Richard Wright.

Lucy crumpled the paper, angry tears running down her face as she screamed silently at her helplessness.

She'd asked everyone to leave her alone for some time, promising that she won't do anything stupid to harm herself, and this was what she'd decided to do in that time.