lxiv

CHAPTER LXIV

Hello, gentlemen, and lady.

"Thank you, Josh

"Thank you, Josh." Lucy smiled at the young vampire as she stepped out of his car.

"Are you sure you don't want to visit a doctor or call him here?" he asked with concern as Lucy unlocked the front door of the mansion.

"No, I just need some rest. Thank you."

He nodded reluctantly as Lucy closed the door with an appreciative smile.

"Oh god." she sighed to herself, ripping open her heels and cascading them aside as she hurried to the kitchen and splashed her face with cold water.

"What's wrong?" she whispered to herself, feeling her forehead with the back of her hand just to find out she was burning with a fever.

She felt her pockets, looking for her phone, before her eyes widened in realisation making her rush to the window.

"Josh! Josh!" she tried calling out to the departing car, but unfortunately failing. "Shit! I left it in the car."

Lucy, dejected, gripped onto the granite countertop, feeling her strength slowly ebbing away.

"Why is nobody home?" she asked to herself weakly, grabbing a clean rag and opening the refrigerator for ice cubes and chilled water.

"It's okay. You can manage alone." she whispered, weakly dragging herself to the couch and pressing the damp cloth to her face. "You've done it plenty of times. Rule ninety six, never panic in emergency. And this is not even an emergency. Calm down. It's just a fever. Take a pill and you'll be fine."

"But where are even the medicines kept?" she curled her fists, feeling the negative thoughts getting overpowering. "My whole body's burning. Those online articles said high fever is harmful to the baby. What if something happens to her? No. . . No. . . God damn it. I should have seen a doctor."

Lucy made her way to the landline, bringing the phone to her ear as she racked her brain for any number that she might have memorised.

"Fuck!" she screamed at her own predicament. "Why is no one home!?"

She slumped onto the floor, her energy draining. "If I die or something happens to my girl, I'll never forgive you god."

Her thoughts were buzzed, wandering. What if Stefan was here? He would definitely help her. Or if Sophie feels what's happening to her and tells any of the Mikaelsons? Maybe if Finn was alive? He would be definitely staying with his family. Or perhaps Kol-