lxxvi

Lucy's look for the chapter ≈

CHAPTER LXXVI

No. I don't want anything to eat.

Marsha's words stuck with Lucy, ensuring a troubled sleep full of tossing and turning

Even though she was happy to achieve Tyler's location, the prospective arrival of her father and his clan in New Orleans bothered her very much. Still, due to some stupid reason she decided to keep all this to herself.

"Should I order Chinese then?" Klaus asked, naming the umpteenth category of food, trying to cheer her up.

"No, I don't want to eat Chinese." Lucy sighed as she crossed her arms over her chest and stared straight at the television screen displaying a home essentials commercial.

"Indian?" he suggested, head turned sideways to look at her.

"No."

"Are you craving something sweet then?"

"No. I don't want anything to eat." Lucy grabbed the remote from the coffee table and switched to the next channel, this one displaying an old black and white movie in which, apparently, the main lead was a saleswoman.

"You've been acting off since this morning?" he noted. "Feeling under weather?"

"No, I just feel tired." she pursed her lips. "And, no, no doctor, before you even ask."

"Alright. So, you want to watch this movie?" he said slowly, gesturing with his arms towards the television.

"I guess so- fuck!" she shrugged, before clamping her palms onto the ears as loud drilling noises reverberated across the Compound.