xxvii

CHAPTER XXVII

You know, I went over to the other side once, a very long time ago.

Bonnie ignored Lucy's warnings and set on to bring Elena back as a human

Bonnie ignored Lucy's warnings and set on to bring Elena back as a human. But Lucy decided to intervene and arrived at her house at the dead of the night to talk to her.

"Bonnie." she called out loudly, knocking on her door with immense force to carry over her message more effectively.

"Bonnie, open the door please, it's me."

"What happened?" said Bonnie groggily, as she opened the door, the chilly cold air hitting her face.

"I need to talk to you. It's important." she said firmly. "Mind if I come in? It's too cold outside."

"Sure." Bonnie nodded, allowing her to come in as they both settled down on her couch.

"I know I shouldn't have come at this time of the night. But I wanted to make sure that you weren't going to do that spell."

Bonnie blinked. "I thought I said that I have to do the spell. Elena still hasn't woken up but soon she'll be transitioning. I'll have to do the spell tomorrow."

"Look, I know you're a wonderful witch. You can do the spell very easily. But everything has a cost, Bonnie. The spirits are dead set on keeping the balance of the nature maintained. And if anyone tries to cause disruption, then they don't take it lightly."

"But at least I could try. It could be possible that I succeed in bringing her back."

"Exactly." Lucy exclaimed. "That's the point. You said it yourself: 'it could be possible'. But here ninety nine point nine nine percent says you won't. Only zero point zero one percent is in your favour."

"I know you're trying to make me understand the dangers." Bonnie sighed. "But, you've to understand that Elena doesn't opt to be a vampire. She shouldn't be going through this. She deserves a second chance."

"And what about you? Don't you deserve a second chance?" she asked. "You always do so much for your friends but this time you've got to think about yourself. This spell could gravely harm you. Messing with the other side is the most dangerous thing. A single dead witch is more powerful than a hundred alive because it gets help from all the dead spirits."

"I understand. I completely understand what you're trying to say." said Bonnie, licking her lips in contemplation. "I know you just want me to think about myself this once. But I have to give Elena a second chance."

"You know, I went over to the other side once, a very long time ago," said Lucy, smiling sarcastically to herself. "To bring someone back. I tried. I truly did. I had so many witches supporting the spell. But I failed. You know why? Because the spirits didn't want an imbalance. They're damn powerful. And heartless. They punished every single one of us who participated in that spell. They don't know how to spare someone. So trust me, when I say you should not do this, then I mean it. Because I don't want you to end up hurt."