lxii

Lucy's look for the chapter ≈

CHAPTER LXII

But you little baby saved me.

"I don't understand it, can't we wait for some time

"I don't understand it, can't we wait for some time." Lucy exclaimed in a whisper. "Nik said he'll be here soon, alright?"

"We've been waiting for half an hour already, Lucy." Vaishali whispered back as Dr. Paige gave them a look.

"You guys shouldn't have dragged me here. Nik had already booked an appointment for me next week." Lucy whispered angrily, the eerie winds, flowing from bayou into the small room converted into a surgery, not sitting right with her.

"We're going. Now." she said firmly, standing up as she began to collect her belongings lying on the waiting chairs.

"Is everything okay?" the doctor asked with confusion, glancing at Agnes who was standing by the doorway.

"The father is not able to make it here today. So we'll have the checkup sometime later." Lucy explained as she made to head out of the surgery.

"His presence is not necessary." the doctor said hurriedly. "Wouldn't you like to know if your baby's okay?"

"His presence is necessary for me." she gritted, already not liking the uncanny woods and the sketchy doctor. "And, besides, I know my girl is okay. If anything's wrong, I'll be the first one to sense it."

"Wait! Wait!" the doctor hurried after her as Lucy brushed past Agnes.

"Let it be, Bayou Doc." Vaishali stepped into her way. "Lucy says she doesn't want the checkup, then she doesn't want it. Do not fess."

"Agnes," Hayley looked at the witch, "tell your doctor to calm down. We came because you suggested so, we can come some other time when the father's also there."