vi

CHAPTER VI

As much as I would enjoy Damon's death, can't say the same about yours Niklaus.

After roaming around for a bit, trying to keep an eye out for anything suspicious, Lucy finally came across the scene of Mikael and Klaus standing standing face-to-face with Katherine, assumed to be Elena by everybody else, standing there in the g...

After roaming around for a bit, trying to keep an eye out for anything suspicious, Lucy finally came across the scene of Mikael and Klaus standing standing face-to-face with Katherine, assumed to be Elena by everybody else, standing there in the grip of Mikael.

"Come out and face me Niklaus. Or she dies." challenged Mikael.

"Go ahead." said Klaus "Kill her."

"No.." pleaded the doppelganger, "Klaus, he'll-he'll do it."

"If she dies, this lot will be the last of your abdominations." continued Mikael.

"I don't need them." gritted the hybrid. "I just need to get rid of you."

"To what end, Niklaus?" taunted Mikael. "So you can live forever with no one at your side? Nobody cares about you anymore, boy. What do you have other than those loyal to you through force? Now what? Now what?"

"I'm calling your bluff, father. Kill her." spat Klaus.

"Come outside and face me you little coward, then I won't have to." he offered.

"My whole life you've underestimated me. If you kill her, you loose your leverage. So, go ahead. Go on, kill her." said Klaus, tears streaming down his face. "Come on old man, kill her. KILL HER."

"Your impulse Niklaus," laughed Mikael tauntingly, "it has and forever be the one thing that keeps you from truly being great."

And with that he stabbed Katherine in the stomach, believing her to be Elena, as she shrieked in pain, falling down and Klaus watched in shock.

And in the blur of the next second, Damon had sped to Klaus, stabbing him with the white oak stake in the stomach as he screamed in pain, falling down on the floor with Damon harshly twisting the stake just as Katherine revealed herself, throwing wolfsbane bombs at the group of hybrids watching from afar and fled away before anyone could catch up to her.

But just as Damon was about to stab Klaus in heart, he was stopped by Stefan catching him off gaurd, separating him from Klaus and keeping him trapped under him and the white oak stake fell down away from all the three fighting men.

Using the right opportunity Lucy summoned the stake to her and before anyone could react, she had Mikael in a headlock, the white oak stake looming centimetres away from his heart.

"Big bad vampire." chuckled Lucy tauntingly, her gaze fixated on the indifferent face of Mikael.

"You are foolish enough to carry around the only weapon that can kill you." she laughed humourlessly.