lxvii

CHAPTER LXVII

I just. . . please. . . just go.

"Keep running, Lucy!" Hayley yelled out to her, turning her head back as they, without pausing, ran head first into the woods, small branches snapping beneath their feets

"I can't. . ." she panted, resting her hands on her knees, her back aching with the weight of an extra life in her, "just speed us out."

Hayley grabbed a hold of her arm, taking a deep breath and then trying vamp-speeding for the first time.

Their feet touched the ground at a random spot in the woods, but far, far away from their kidnapper.

Lucy threw up almost immediately.

Hayley took a step towards her but whirled back on sensing movement.

"Woah!" Vaishali exclaimed, stopping her fist from jamming into her face just inches away.

"V!" Hayley let out a relieved cry, throwing her arms around the neck of the said woman.

"You okay?" a hand rested on Lucy's shoulder as she threw up the contents of her stomach, half body leaning onto the bark of a tree for support.

"Does it look like it?" she said in a frustrated tone, getting back on her feet with the help of the speaker.

Kol chuckled. "I would have offered water if I had it with me right now."

"What happened?" Elijah appeared among them.

"Tyler took us." Lucy sighed.

"We're aware." he nodded at them.

"The baby's blood can be used to sire hybrids." Hayley began to explain. "Tyler says that Klaus knew this and that's the only reason he's keeping the child. He wants to build an army to take over New Orleans."

"He tested his theory on some wolf, Dwayne and. . . I . . ." Hayley sighed, pushing everyone else's (except Lucy, of course) shocked faces to the back of her mind. "And it worked."

Elijah sighed to himself, turning to Lucy, "What do you believe, Lucy?"

"Klaus may be as he is, but he does care about the child." Lucy nodded solemnly. "I don't believe in what Tyler said. He couldn't have known about it."

"Lucy, what are you saying-?" Hayley began, astonished.

"-please, Hayley." Lucy closed her eyes, worned out. "I don't want to talk about all this. Where's Klaus?"

"Probably staking that wolf-boy." Kol commented.

She turned to Kol. "Take me to him."

◇◇◆◇◆◇◇