xlvii

Lucy's look for the chapter ≈

CHAPTER XLVII

It's no big deal.

 ❞

tw : mention of secluding self

Long drives felt different.

The wind whipping at your face through the window, the fresh air of passing fields and the serenity of lone highways.

But Lucy felt none. There was just anxiousness wrecking her nerves.

Brie was fast asleep in the backseat and Niklaus was driving while Lucy was supposedly resting after her tiring driving shift. But Lucy couldn't even close her eyes, let alone sleep for a while.

Niklaus stole a quick glance at her before casting her a concerned look, "Why don't you rest a little bit? Your eyes are so bloodshot."

"Yeah." she mumbled mindlessly, her hands fiddling with the ring, unaware of Nik noticing her this movement.

They will still to talk about 'the ring'. Lucy had locked herself in the room, avoiding any sort of interaction for the night being and had reappeared next day behaving as if nothing had happened. And after a long conversation on Brie's birthday surprise party in Mystic Falls, and Niklaus assuring her repeatedly that he was alright with going to Mystic Falls, they were on their way to Falls.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Lucy shrugged tiredly. "I think so."

"Doesn't look like that."

"It's just," she sighed heavily. "I had this dream a long time ago, and suddenly I couldn't help but remember it. It was a weird dream. I was sleeping and I was pregnant in it. And then someone was choking me. I couldn't see its face but the dream me said 'Casper'."