xiv

CHAPTER XIV

Remember the first time you introduced me to Lexi?

Casper was gone the minute he said those words, leaving Lucy's mind in a mess of doubts, suspicions and dilemmas

A commutation was going in front of the mansion, apparently, Damon had thrown Kol off the balcony and now they were having a fight, but Lucy didn't pay it any mind, she just got her car keys from the staff and sat down to smoke for a while, the tension from what Casper had said getting high.

"Smoking is injurious to health." came a voice as the cigarette was snatched away from where she was sitting in her car, her bare feet stretched over the grass through the open car door.

"Highly injurious." stated Kol playfully as he jump-sat on the bonnet of the car parked opposite to hers.

"Nothing my magic can't control." she said dryly, even though she knew that even magic can't cure everything, but her special spells controlled the effects of cigarettes on her body; not that she smoked very often, just in case of high stress. (which frankly was almost every time)

"And shouldn't you be inside, enjoying the party? Oh-Wait, I see, you got thrown down-" she made a falling motion with her hand, mocking him. "-right from the top floor, and that also by Demon Salvatore."

"Don't even say that crybaby's name." he grumbled as he crushed the cigarette in his hand making Lucy roll her eyes and pull out a new one.

"What happened?" asked Kol after a few minutes of painful silence, only for him, in which Lucy smoked peacefully.

"Casper happened." she grumbled, not noticing the confused look on his face.

"Casper? Who the hell is he?"

"Oh - right." she pursed her lips. "You have so much to catch up on."

"For now, just know that he is my father's boyfriend's son and he's being a pain in ass, even though we once used to be great friends." she explained shortly.

"New boyfriend? What happened to Steve?"

"Don't ask such questions now. It's better off if we talk about you first."

"What about me?"

"Like how you never mentioned you are a Mikaelson."

"It didn't seem necessary to me. So what if I didn't tell anyone," he shrugged. "are you angry?"

"No, I'm not. Not that I have any right to be. But, someone else would be." she smirked.

"Or maybe already is. Who knows?" Kol sighed angrily.