Chapter 117

Ruby was now seen outside of the cave of the Herbalist with her new scythe that was given to her.

Ruby:( Interesting material. Looks like Igris sword was not needed...... My new Crescent Rose. Not lovely looking, but it can still work.) she thought in her head a she finded her new scythe to be interesting as she felt a lot of power behind it.

Then the Curious Cat appeared on Ruby's shoulder.

The Curious Cat:" I'm so glad the two of you are still the two of you. It's not always the case in the Ever After." the cat said with a bright smile.

Ruby:" Aren't you the one who ditched us in the first place? Which by the way is how I ended up in that cave to begin with. The Herbalist tried to drug me and then I woke up in the same cave and he was gone and now I have this new scythe." she said as the Curious Cat yawned.

Curious Cat:" Yes, yes Alyx had a similar reaction the first time she saw someone return to the Ever After but it's not how it seems. Well I suppose it is but not the way you think. You don't think like Alyx and that's a good thing." the cat said before jumping from glowing mushroom to mushroom.

Ruby then followed the Curious Cat as the cat then stopped.

Curious:" Oops, dead end." he said with a bright smile.

Ruby raised her scythe and was looking at it for a while before her eyes glowed Silver as she slice the air creating a portal.

Ruby:" Huh....." she then walk inside of it as the Curious Cat followed her.

Ruby:" So, kitten. Are you going to explain to us how it works for the Afterans? Dude, they suddenly disappear when their goal is achieved?" she made a theory as the Curious Cat corrected her.

Curious Cat:" The Herbalist is very interested in knowing what his clients roles and professions are, focusing on ensuring they are resolute in their positions. He's a wokaholic and tries to fix the problems of his clients without their permission. Right now he's going through an 'ascension'. He's called back by the Tree to get fixed up nice and made into the Herbalist he wanted to be when he was still..... well Herbalist. Then he'll comeback and find his purpose."  the cat said.

Ruby:" When he'll come back, he won't be able to remember anything am I right?" she asked as she was comparing Ascension with Reincarnation.

Curious Cat:" Exactly. We're just not like you at all. The Herbalist will have a purpose again." the cat said as Ruby, Little and the Curious Cat made it to the other side of the Garden Acre.

There were other Afteran creatures roaming around as Ruby and the Curious Cat were walking past them.

The Curious Cat kept on talking.

Curious Cat:" It was all very sad. The Red King couldn't cope when he lost to Alyx. A crying mess. He was called back, fixed up and now he's the Red Prince you met." the cat said.