Chapter 29

"Are you serious? This dress is lovely"Mrs Justice said astonished by the beautiful design of the dress.
    Lydia smiled sheepishly as she watched Mrs Justice admire the dress Amara sewed.
"You know this is the type of pure talent I'm searching for. My goodness!"Mrs Justice exclaimed.

"My daughter is very talented in sewing. She works day and night"Lydia lied.
"What about Amarachi? Doesn't she sew too?"Mrs Justice asked.
The smile on aunty Lydia's face immediately vanished, replaced by a frown.
"Well she does but she's learning from ogechi"Lydia murmured.

  Mrs Justice nodded her head and kept on admiring the dress.
There was a brief silence.
"Where is Ogechi? Is she in the shop? Please introduce me to her"Mrs Justice said, breaking the silence.

Lydia was dazed for a moment. She scrunched her face and averted her gaze from Mrs Justice, facing downwards as if she was looking for something.
"She isn't here. You see she isn't feeling fine. When she heard that the shop would be taken away, she sunk into depression because it was our means of livelyhood. Then she fell sick"
Lydia wanted to make sure she put Ogechi in the limelight above Amara even when she clearly knew Amara made the dress.

  Mrs Justice wore a sad look on her face as she shook her head downheartedly,"I'm sorry about that. It's too bad. I wish her speedy recovery. When she recovers you both can pay me a visit anytime. I'll love to know more about your daughter. Let me see how talented she is"

"She wants us to pay her visit! Lydia luck is shining on you today o! This is a golden opportunity. I'll surely make use of this. My Ogechi will go to America and get married to Jordan"Lydia thought to herself as a sly smile formed on her lips.

"We will definitely come. Why won't we? We will. Thank you so much for the offer"
Mrs Justice let out a laugh as she watched Lydia who was beaming with smiles.

"Aunty here is the food"Amara said as she walked in on their conversation.
Immediately Lydia saw Amara, she frowned inwardly. She just naturally hated the poor girl even when Amara did everything she could do to please her.

     "Give it to Mrs Justice"Lydia ordered trying to maintain her smile.
"You can call me Ada" Mrs Justice said as she collected the package of food bought for her.
"Thank you so much for helping us ma. Thank you. It means a lot"Amara thanked,kneeling down.

Aunty Lydia rolled her eyes at Amara and cursed her under her breath.
"No no get up dear. It's nothing  ok. I have to be on my way right now. Take good care of yourself Amarachi"Mrs Justice said standing up.
She patted Amara on the back as she stood up, aunty Lydia escorting her outside.
Aunty Lydia turned back and shot Amara a glare.
"What did i do now? Can't I thank her again?"Amara murmured.
She shrugged her shoulders and went out of Lydia's office.

***************
"Rebecca you called me over and i hope what you want to tell is important"Nonso remarked impatiently as he glared at Becca.

Becca immediately started wailing like a child.
"Nonso,what do you see in Amara that you don't see in me? Tell me Nonso! Tell me!"

A smirk formed on Nonso lips as he watched becca,"I see so many things in her that you don't have"
Rebecca was about to speak in her defence but Nonso cut her short.
"She's not only beautiful but she is the ideal wife. She is caring and compassionate and hardworking. She puts others first. She isn't selfish. She values friendships unlike you" Nonso scoffed.

"Nonso I am a good person too! You just don't want to see it!" Becca yelled.
Nonso choked back on a laugh as he stared at becca,"Really? Just look at the way you embarrassed and humiliated Amara. Calling her a husband snatcher. Amara is someone who doesn't even think about love. All those years of friendship between you and her doesn't matter to you at all becca!"

"Yes it doesn't!"Becca yelled back.
"It doesn't because if she was truly my friend she would never try to steal my man away from me!"

"I was never your man to begin with. I will never be your man either. I love Amarachi!"Nonso retorted back as he shot becca a baleful look before walking away,banging the door behind him.

"Amara!" Becca screamed in anguish.
"Amarachi why are you doing this to me!" Becca cried out.

"Sister what is the problem? I overhead you and Nonso's argument? What did that witch amara do this time?"Adaora asked as she walked in on becca crying.

"Amara!Amara is really stepping on my toes!! Amara I hate you!" Becca screamed out in frustration.

Adaora moved over to becca, helping her to get to her feet.
"Wipe your tears sister. What is yours will be yours. I suggest you do something that will compel Nonso to be with you. Maybe get a fake pregnancy report"Adaora suggested smiling.

Suddenly there was a glint in becca eyes.
She pulled Adaora in for a tight hug.
"You are the best sister ever. I know what to do"
"I know you won't let Amara take what is rightfully house"Adaora said as she pulled out of the embrace.

"Amara, Nonso belongs to me and i will do anything to have him. You will never come in between us"

**************
"Ogechi come sit by your mother. I have good news girl"Lydia squealed with ecstasy as she adjusted for Ogechi to sit by her side.
It was 9pm. Amara and her had returned from work.

"Mama what happened? Did chief Clement take the shop?"Ogechi asked with sheer curiosity.
Lydia shook her head and smiled at Ogechi.
"No my dear. Guess who I saw today?"

Ogechi furrowed her brows at her mother's question.
"Who?"

"Your future mother inlaw. Mrs Justice"
Ogechi eyes widened immediately she heard the statement.
"Do you know she paid off our debt to chief clement?"

"Are you serious? I've always known my mother inlaw will be kindhearted. I wonder the look on Amarachi's face. I'm sure she hoped that your shop will collapse. Wicked girl!" Ogechi cursed.

"Don't mind that pretender. Enemy of progress. But that's not even all that happened o"Lydia said smiling from ear to ear.

Ogechi looked expectantly at her mother, hoping to hear the good news.
"The reason why Mrs Justice came back to this town is because she owns a fashion school in America and she is looking for girls that are talented in sewing to take back to America so she can train them"

Ogechi furrowed her brows in confusion"How does that one relate to me mama?you should be telling amara all these? She is the one that is good in sewing"

Lydia stared at Ogechi in amazement, wondering why her daughter was foolish at times.
"Have sense you this girl. Pray to God for sense. You want that girl to shine above you? You want her to go to America and you stay back?"

"No i don't want o"Ogechi replied in a whisper.
"Good!"Lydia said smiling.

"She spotted one beautiful dress made by Amarachi but you know me, your mother is very sharp. Straight away I told her you made the dress. She was so impressed and said we should come visit her"

"Are you serious mama!"Ogechi cried out with joy as she pulled her mother in for a hug.
"I love you so much!"Ogechi said with ecstasy.

"I know you do. I'll never stay and watch amara take what belongs to you. Her wicked mother,Chinenye,took so many things that belonged to me but I'll never let Amara do the same to you. I'll never let her progress"