Chapter 69

Rebecca walked briskly towards Amarachi's house. She silently prayed to meet Amarachi at home.

But at the same time,her heart was beating at an unsteady pace. Her fingers were getting sweaty and perspiration covered her forehead.
Anxiety had eaten her up.
She pondered if Amara would listen to her considering all the things she did to Amarachi.
Her mother just threatened her earlier in the morning about her child and she wasn't ready to go stay with Emmanuel.
Nonso was the only option and Amarachi was her last hope.

Immediately she arrived at Amarachi's gate, she exhaled calmly and opened the gate, ponderously made her way inside.
Amarachi wasn't in the veranda.
Rebecca didn't have the guts to knock using the front door.
She then heard series of mild laughter coming from the backyard.
Rebecca could make out Amarachi's laugh.
She stealthily walked towards the backyard but was shocked on seeing Ogechi and Amarachi laughing together as they were both washing clothes.

Amarachi and ogechi noticed Rebecca's presence and gazed at her making rebecca feel uncomfortable.

"Um goodmorning amarachi and Ogechi"Rebecca greeted nervously as she came closer to both of them.
Ogechi hissed at her greeting.
"Goodmorning Rebecca. What are you doing here?"Amarachi asked perplexed.

"Amara abeg don't listen to this one. She just love spreading gossip and disturbing people"Ogechi snarled.
Becca shot her a glare and faced Amarachi.
"Amarachi please help me. My marriage is falling apart"Becca pleaded with clasped hands.

"How do you expect me to help you?I don't save marriages"Amarachi replied as she continued washing.

"Amarachi this girl is just trouble. So is now you know you need Amarachi's help. What about those days you ignorantly treated her badly?"Ogechi added rudely.

Becca sighed deeply.
She had wronged Amarachi and Ogechi wasn't even making things easy for her.

"Amarachi please don't listen to what Ogechi is saying"

"And why shouldn't i?"Amarachi retorted immediately leaving Rebecca speechless.

"No why shouldn't i Rebecca? Didn't you treat me badly those days? You didn't even attend Nne's burial. Why? All because you thought i was snatching your man away from you. Now i distanced myself away from you and your man and your marriage began to crumble. You are now running to me for help. Please Rebecca. I warned you that if you didn't change this your attitude, your marriage will crumble. Now look. I can't help you"

Rebecca immediately broke into tears. Tears she had been holding for so long.
"I am sorry amara. Please help me. I love nonso"

"Get out. She said she can't help you. Are you deaf?!"Ogechi yelled.

"Amarachi don't side with this girl. She isn't good. I don't know what is making both of you close but Amarachi, Ogechi isn't a nice person. This niceness she's putting up is just a facade. She and Lydia don't love you. Please dont side with her"

Amarachi stopped washing and stared at Rebecca intently.
"Get out"Amarachi finally said to the delight of ogechi.
Rebecca couldn't believe what was happening.
Her jaws were dropped and her lips were parted.
"Amara please don't let ogechi influence you. She is wicked. They don't truly love you"Rebecca attempted pleading once more "

"Rebecca get out please!"Amarachi yelled this time.
Ogechi immediately stood up from her seat and went towards rebecca, dragging her out of the backyard and towards the gate.

"Amara don't trust this people o. Ogechi is acting like she has your best interest in heart but it's not true"Becca said in tears as ogechi dragged her out of the backyard.