Chapter 89

"Jordan I can't believe you did all that just for a day off from school"Amarachi said in between laughs as Jordan chuckled.

"I got into all sorts of crazy adventures when i was little. I was very naughty"Jordan replied as a smile etched by the corners of his lips.

"I was a very obedient student when I was in primary school. All the teachers loved me"Amarachi said meekly as she fiddled with her gown.

"Ofcourse. You are Amarachi. Obedient, loyal, quiet, beautiful, you are an angel"Jordan cockily replied as he caressed Amarachi's cheek which made her giggle.

"Jordan I've been looking for you. Come let me introduce you to the the Olukoyas. Him and his wife are eagerly waiting to see you"Jordan's dad, chief Justice, announced as he suddenly interrupted his and Amara's discussion.

Jordan cursed under his breath and groaned.
"Goodevening sir"Amarachi greeted politely with a courtesy bow.

Chief Justice nodded his head at her and signalled to Jordan to join him.
"I'll be right back piccolo. Don't go anywhere ok. And don't talk to all these youngsters here. They are just a bunch of rich spoilt brats"Jordan whispered to her ear before walking away with his dad.

Rich spoilt brats?
Amarachi wondered why Jordan would address them as that.
Well they did look rich and fancy and majority of them formed their own cliques in the function.
Amarachi looked around and she actually noticed different groups scattered around the event.
It seemed to her that she and Jordan were the only ones not in any clique as they just chatted with each other.

"Well I'm going to wait for him. He is the only that's making my night"Amarachi thought aloud as she folded her arms and waited for Jordan.

"Mum are you with my diamond encrusted purse?"Nicole asked as she approached her mother who was talking to some other women.

Her mother turned to face her and held her hand, bringing her to face the other women she was talking with earlier.

Nicole rolled her eyes and forced a fake smile on her lips.
"Goodevening  everyone. I hope you are enjoying the function?"Nicole asked.

They all nodded at her and gave her beaming smiles.
"Mother can I talk to you?"Nicole whispered into her mother's ear as she pulled her away from the women.

"What is it chiamaka?"

"Are you with my diamond purse?"

Mrs Linda shook her head at Nicole which made Nicole involuntarily let out a groan.
"I need that purse now and I can't look for it upstairs"

"Why?"Mrs Linda asked with a faint smile.
"I'm busy with my friends at the moment. In fact where is Amarachi?"

Nicole's eyes roved around until she spotted Amarachi.
She went over to bring her, her nails digging into Amarachi's flesh as she dragged her to the spot she stood with her mum.

Amarachi winced in pain and pulled her hands out of Nicole's vice like grip.
"Nicole how can I help you?"Amarachi replied trying to sound polite.

"Go upstairs to my room and get me my diamond purse now"Nicole commanded rudely.

"Nicole"Mrs Linda interjected.
"Don't command her in that tone"She added as she shook her head at Nicole.

"Sorry"Nicole grudgingly said to Amarachi who gave her a nod.
Mrs Linda smiled at both of them before working away.

"Get out of here and get me my purse"Nicole snapped immediately.
Amarachi left without saying a word to Nicole which infuriated her the more but she controlled her rage.