Chapter 62

"Nonso what are you saying to me? This is your baby!"Becca objected in dismay as she stood up immediately to face Nonso.

"Rubbish! Arrant Nonsense!"Nonso fumed.

Becca broke down into tears and wailed loudly which irritated Nonso.
"Rebecca what exactly is your problem? Why are you forcing yourself on someone who doesn't love you? I loved Amara and told her how I felt but she didn't feel the same way. Did i force her to marry me? Why are you doing this and injuring yourself? I can never make you happy"

"Nonso why are you doing this to me? We are married. Forget Amara. I know that witch is the cause of all these. Is it a crime for a husband to impregnate his wife?"

"No it isn't! But this baby is definitely not mine. God help you rebecca once I get the proof"Nonso gritted and walked out on Becca leaving her to her dismay.

"Nonso you will accept this child whether you like it or not. And as for you Amara, once I'm done with you, this town won't contain both of us"

* * * * * * * * *

Ogechi snuggled close to the young man,letting her bare breasts press unto his chest as they laid together in bed, stark naked.
"My love"she began as she drew imaginary circles on his chest.
He stretched his hand over to the drawer and picked a cigarette and a lighter before he proceeded to light the cigarette.

"What do you want baby? Say it and it's done"

A broad smile made its way to Ogechi lips.
"Clinton the money you promised me , you haven't given me"

Clinton smirked and stretched his hand to his drawer once more.
He brought out some naira notes and passed it on to ogechi who scrutinised the weight of the currency notes in her hands.

"This is just twenty thousand"ogechi cried out with a frown on her face.

"Yes take it and be happy i gave you such an amount. If you must excuse me, i need to freshen up"Clinton said as he stood up and headed to the bathroom leaving ogechi disgusted.

"He is so stingy"Ogechi mumbled to herself.
Her eyes suddenly drifted to the drawer where he brought out the twenty thousand naira from.
She waited to make sure he was bathing.
After some seconds, Ogechi stealthily crawled over to it and in swift second, she already opened it and brought out a huge amount of money.

Her eyes shone with glint of success and triumph.
Ogechi didn't wait to be told.
She quickly put on her clothes and hid the money inside her purse before heading outside.

* * * * * * * *
AMARACHI

I came out of the kitchen with a tray containing aunty Lydia's dinner.
I set it on the table infront of her and was about heading back inside to bring water when aunty Lydia called me back.

"Amara don't bother. Go and rest. You've been working too much"
I blinked severally to be sure aunty Lydia was the one saying this.
"Aunty are you sure?"

She nodded her head at me. "I'm only doing this because i want you to have enough strength to sew Mrs Justice vintage fabric o. If you spoil it I'll kill you"

I exhaled and rolled my eyes at her.
Aunty Lydia is so selfish.
I headed inside and was about lying down when i heard faint murmurimg coming from outside.
I peeped through Nne's window and i spotted Ogechi talking with a stranger.
The manner in which they were discussing showed that it was an argument.

Ogechi's hands were constantly in the air and it looked like the stranger was raising his voice at her.
"What is all that? Ogechi what have you done?"

I shook my head and sighed once more, slumping back unto my bed.

* * * * * * * * * *

"Uncle goodmorning"I greeted uncle Francis with a smile.
He gazed at me and examined my outfit.
"And where do you think you are going?"he snapped back.

"I am going to Mrs Justice's house. She called me this morning and told me to come over. That she has work for me"
Uncle Francis parted his lips to say more but refrained himself.

"Ok. But when you get there you better say good things about Ogechi. Because i know you are very wicked"

Really?
Me wicked?
I nodded my head reluctantly and turned to go when he suddenly called me back again,stopping me in my tracks. I glanced at my wrist watch. It was already past ten.
"Amarachi don't put all the spotlight to your self please"

I nodded my head again and stepped outside.
Uncle Francis is just like his wife, uncaring and insensitive.
How can he call me wicked?
Why did they always blame me for Ogechi's misfortune?
I find it hard to believe these people are my family.

A tear trickled down my cheeks and i wiped it off, making my way out of the gate.
After walking for some minutes, I ran into Nonso.

I didn't know how to talk to him after the fall out we had. He kept on staring at me as we approached each other.

I was about passing him when he suddenly gripped my hand.
"Amara I'm sorry for what i said earlier. I shouldn't have said such about you and Jordan"Nonso apologised.

He seemed really sorry.
I hugged him,which caught him unaware but he hugged back.

"I'm not angry. I'm glad we aren't fighting. You are like my elder brother. You were just concerned about me"
Nonso gave me a faint smile.
"I was actually going to your house to see you Amara. Where are you heading to?"

"I'm heading to Mrs Justice's house. She called me for an assignment"
Nonso furrowed his brows at me.
"What assignment?"

"Sewing assignment"I replied cheerfully.
"You know i do tell Jordan about you and he would like to meet you. Why don't you follow me there if you aren't too busy?"I added asking.

I could see Nonso's eyes widened at my offer.
He massaged his temples and exhaled.
"Ok sure. I can spare some time off to meet this Jordan"

"Thank you so much. It will be so nice. You guys will really get along just fine"I sang happily as i held on to Nonso's hand, taking him with me to Mrs Justice's house.

Hey guys❤
Sorry for late update.
I've been so busy with exams.
What do you think will be the outcome of Jordan and Nonso's meet up?
And what about Nonso's and Becca's relationship, will they ever be a happily married couple?
Ogechi was seen arguing with a stranger, what do you think it was all about?
Make sure to vote, comment and recommend my book to others❤.
Hope you are enjoying the story❤❤.

Take care and stay safe❤.