Chapter 84

AMARACHI

I sat in the parlour discussing with Tolu while her parents discussed in the dinning room. They had been discussing for a while now in their yoruba dialect and I really hoped it was nothing serious.

"Amarachi to be honest I am so happy you are here. You are like the sister I've always wanted"Tolu said giggling.
I was also happy to be with her to be honest. I've stayed with them for about a week now and I truly enjoyed every moment of it.
"I am happy to be with you too Tolu. To be honest I am grateful for everything"

They never treated me like I was an outsider, I was always treated like a family member.
Tolu and Ayo treated me like I was their sister whilst their parents treated me like I was their own daughter.
I truly didn't miss the life I left behind. Apart from occurring reverie concerning Jordan, I truly didn't miss that life. Was it even a life?
It was hell.
I occasionally wished to see Mrs Justice, Nonso and Jordan.
Jordan, will I ever see him again?
That question was a question only destiny had the answer too.
If we were meant to be we would definitely see.

"Amarachi"Tolu's father called out as him and his wife stood up from the dinning table and approached the living room.
"Yes sir" I replied immediately.

He chuckled. "Your mother trained you well Amarachi. You are so respectful"
A broad grin made it's way to my face. I liked it whenever someone praised my late mother.

He cleared at his throat and remained silent for a while before talking.
"Well Amarachi I just wanted to tell you that we found a job offer and we would like to know if you are interested"

I furrowed my brows but my face still had a visible smile on them.

"It's a house girls job Amarachi. A long time friend of mine that stays in Victoria island is looking for a house girl. He is a respected man with a wife and trust me when I say they are very nice people. He has a daughter that is in your age range"
I listened in awe and nodded my head for him to keep on going with his speech.

If his daughter was in my age range that means they must be an old couple.

"The pay is good actually. Fifty thousand naira a month"
I let out a gasp. It was too much for a house girl job.
Most house girl jobs were between the pay of twenty to thirty thousand not up to fifty.
Why the large amount?

"Sir why the large amount?"I was prompted to ask.

He sighed and shook his head. "They are actually looking for a house girl because of their daughter. She is the only child and they feel she is too lonely. So they presumed if she had a well mannered girl she could relate to then probably she won't be too withdrawn and she would be more friendly towards people"

Ouch. That was sad.
I felt sorry for the girl.

"So Amarachi do you want the Job?"His wife asked as she gazed intently at me.
I thought for a while as I weighed my benefits.
I needed to start over with life and move on though and probably taking up this job would be a step towards succeeding in life.

"Yes I'll"I stated breathily.

"Ah Amarachi so you want to leave me?"Tolu immediately chirped in.
I turned to face her and I could see a hint of sadness on her face.
"She isn't leaving you or us Tolu. She has off days on the weekend and she can take a leave whenever she wants to. Chief will understand"

"Are you serious?"I asked excitedly.
I really had off days and I could take leaves?

"Yes. The person you will work for is literally the nicest boss you could ever meet. He will give you leaves and offdays"Tolu's father chorused along with his wife.