Chapter 101

NICOLE

How did I get myself into this? How did my life turn to this?
I am really signed into an organisation I know nothing off and I want to know nothing off! Why did Raphael make me sign this?
Questions like these sort answers in the maze called my mind. It felt like i was running round in circles. The more I tried to figure out how I got myself into the mafia, the more confused and frustrated I became.

I loved Raphael. I really did. I never believed I would even fall inlove again considering what happened between I and Jordan but Raphael somehow made me fall inlove with him. I was just so scared and worried. Why was he in a freaking mafia?
I just want to have a simple love life like other normal couples.
I felt so distraught. What would become of my life now?

A knock on the door probed into my thinking and Amarachi walked into my room.
She looked so happy and carefree. I wish I could be like that. But now I'm here worrying because the man I love controls a dangerous mafia, I signed myself into it, my life from now on will be restricted not to mention the punishment is death.

"Nicole can you hear me? Why are you so quiet?"Amarachi called out to me drawing me out of the abyss of my thoughts.
I stared at her, having forgotten she was in the room. "Did you call me?"

"Yes now. You didn't respond yet you were looking at me. What's wrong? Are you ok?"

I wasn't ok. I wish I could tell her badly but that would be lethal. I put on a bright smile to overshadow my bleak thoughts and nodded my head at her. "I am very ok amara. How about you? How are your travel plans coming up?"

I had to change the topic for the benefit of everyone.
Amarachi smiled back at me. She looked so beautiful whenever she was happy. I guess happiness makes one glow.

"It is coming just fine. I'll be travelling in the next two weeks. I actually want to travel out of the country from Enugu"

What? Why Enugu?
"Why Amarachi?"

"I want to go see aunty Lydia and uncle Francis"she admitted slowly.

I let out a shriek. I knew for a fact that Lydia was dangerous. Why would she want to see her? Was she insane?
"Are you nuts?"I asked tapping her lightly.

"Why would you want to go back and see that same woman? She could kill you!"I exclaimed adding.

Amarachi brows pulled to a concerned look and sadness washed upon her face. "I want to make peace with my past sis. There are still so many unanswered questions I need her to answer. What led to my mother's death? Why did she send our father to rape my mother? what did my mother do to her that made her hate my mother so much that she passed it to me? Why does she hate me so much? I truly want to know. I want to make peace with my past and move on"

Listening to Amarachi's heartbreaking questions was so touching. She must have gone through a lot in the hands of Lydia. She truly deserved to be happy.

"Ok though. Hope you are going with Jordan because I still don't trust that woman one bit. I know if you are with Jordan you are in safe hands"
I saw the blush she got immedately I started mentioning Jordan. Amarachi nodded her head at me whilst trying to hide her blush.

"Yes Nicole. He is actually travelling with me to United States. He said he has some work related business there so we will be travelling to Enugu together and then we will take an international flight outside the country"

That felt satisfying to hear. With Jordan, my sister was definitely safe. I pulled her in for a hug which caught her off guard. "I'll miss you darling"

"I'm going to miss you too big sis. Take good care of yourself and Raphael too ok"she whispered to me