Chapter 99

"Bella why are you so inquisitive?"Raphael asked opening the doors of the room.
He quickly pulled her hands, bringing her outside with him before shutting the door.

"What does bella mean?"Nicole asked ignoring his questions.

"It means a beautiful lady"Raphael replied as he took her downstairs.
Nicole felt a glow in her cheeks and pressed her lips together, a nervous smile drawing on her lips.

Raphael left her in the parlour as he retreated to the kitchen. Nicole slumped on the sofa she was seated on before and exhaled.
She still felt very scared of Raphael but at the same time she felt so worried.

Why would Raphael join a mafia?
From her research yesterday,the only way to be free from the mafia was death. It shook her to the marrow. Why would Raphael get involved in such a dangerous group?

How long had he been in the mafia?
Was his dad aware?

Raphael came back with a wine bottle and two glasses. He cleared his throat at Nicole who looked so lost in thought.
"Would you like to have a glass of wine with me?"

Nicole was slightly amused and surprised by his sudden hospitable gesture.

Before she could respond, he had already started pouring the contents of the wine bottle into the two glass cups.
He offered her the wine. She accepted it with some hesistance and then he sat opposite her.
"It doesn't hurt to taste it Nicole. I didn't poison it"he said with boyish grin.

Nicole hesistantly took a sip of it. As she savoured the taste, she realised it was very juicy.
"Do you like it bella?"

Nicole nodded her head. "It tastes lovely"

"Feel free to take more of it Nicole"

He stared at her as she drank. His stare was so intense that she suddenly felt self conscious.

"Why are you staring at me like that?"Nicole asked a bit embarrassed as she avoided his stares.

"How am I staring at you?"

"I don't know. Why are you staring at me please?"

"You know why Nicole"he replied lowly.
Nicole slowly raised her chin to face him.
His blue eyes were so alluring, they held so much pain and love at the same time.
She wasn't the shy type like Amarachi but the way he stared at her got her nervous and shy.

Nicole nervously gulped down the rest of the drink.
She poured herself some more in an attempt to not focus on Raphael and also because the wine tasted so good.

"You love it this much huh?"he asked with a raised brow.
Nicole's gaze fell on his lips for a split second.

He chuckled which got her self conscious once again.
She gulped it down immedately. What was in this drink that tasted so divine and exquisite?

She poured herself some more again.
That was the third glass.
"You might end up getting drunk bella. That drink is highly intoxicating" Raphael cautioned.

"Raphael why did you join the mafia?"Nicole suddenly asked with an unknown temerity coursing through her.

She blinked her eyes severally and tried to maintain eye contact with Raphael.

"I was born into the mafia bella"

Nicole tried keeping a straight head but she realised her mind was hazy.
Raphael noticed her numerous blinking. She was slightly intoxicated.

"What do you mean by you were born into the mafia?"

"My father...he was once the leader many years ago. Well let's just say things happened and it was passed to me"