Chapter 70

AMARACHI

Jordan must have sensed my apprehension which was why he slowly stopped and let go of my wrists.
"I'm sorry Amarachi. I didn't mean to scare you like that"he said.
I glared at him and turned to go without saying a word but he pulled my wrist back again.
God!
What does he want!?

"Amarachi atleast give me a chance to explain please. Who the fuck told you I have a fiancee?"

"A dark tall girl. I thought she was your sister when i came the last time with aunty Lydia and ogechi"i replied without glancing at his face.

"Damn! Nicole"He suddenly yelled out which startled me.

"It doesn't matter anyways Jordan. I got to know the truth before i became so deeply into you. But what i don't appreciate is the fact that you played with my emotions when you already had someone else. I didn't expect it from someone like you. It will be best if we just keep our distance"

"Amarachi don't say that"Jordan practically growled.

"Please just leave me"i found myself crumbling into tears. I didn't know how else to react.
When i finally thought i found love, it got ripped away from me.
After Becca's saga, i promised myself not to get involved in any complicated love triangle.
But look at me back at the same spot.
God!

"No Amarachi you don't mean all these"Jordan said softly but it seemed like he was trying to comfort himself.
I finally faced his beautiful face and it felt like he was truly hurt.

"Amarachi look let me explain. Nicole is...."

"Nicole is your fiancee. What do you want to explain again!?"I yelled out in frustration.

"She isn't. To my parents and her parents she is but to me she isn't. They are the ones trying to merge both of us together but i don't have any sort of feelings for her. I haven't even placed a ring on her finger. Amarachi I love you please don't leave me. We have something special"Jordan said, the pain and sadness piercing through his eyes as he ran his hands through his hair.

I momentarily dabbed my eyes.
"Jordan I won't get involved in this love triangle"I replied before yanking my hands out of his grip and quickly walking out before he had the chance to pull me back.

Jordan walked behind me, calling out my name.
He sounded really hurt.
I was deeply hurt too.
Distancing myself from Rebecca didn't hurt me this much.
I quickened my pace as Jordan pleaded behind me.
I felt something for him. He really made me happy but he wasn't mine to keep.
I just had to let go and his fiancee looked really threatening.
"Amara please. I wanted to tell you this sooner. I am not in any sort of relationship with her"Jordan pleaded as we approached the gate.

"You aren't happy with this decision you made so why are you hurting yourself Amarachi?"

I didn't want to turn to face him.
He was right. I am really not happy.
I feel so broken.
Why do these thing always happen to me?
I sniffed my nose and opened the gate without saying a word to him.
I had many more years to find love.
If Jordan is truly for me then we will be together.
If he isn't then he isn't and I would just have to accept that fact.

* * * * * * * * * *

AMARACHI

I sobbed profusely on the bed. Everything was fine. I was happy when i woke this morning.
How did i get this sad again?
Did i really fall so deeply in love with Jordan.
I screamed into my pillow. The tears flowed freely, wetting the bedsheets and my pillow.
God!
Why did Jordan play with my feelings?
"Jordan please why? You made me believed you loved me? But you were already with someone. I can't fight her for you. I'm just a poor orphan. All these love triangles. I can't put myself in it"