Chapter 98

Nicole stared at her laptop, eyes roving around the white screen.
Her hands eagerly danced on the keyboard. She was perturbed, she was frightened, she was scared.
Any words that could describe this sudden agitation and horror that she was drowning in.
She was petrified as she kept on surfing on the net.
Mafia.
She was researching about mafias.
The more she searched, the more horror struck she became.

"A mafia is a type of criminal organisation whose central activity is the arbitration of disputes between criminals and the organization and efforcement of illicit agreements through the use of violence"
Nicole drew in her breath suddenly as she read it aloud.
Her heart sank and she gulped.

Raphael was very dangerous. She still remembered the way he almost choked her and just the thought sent chills to her body.
Her heart began thudding and she felt her breathing shortened.
She quickly gulped down the glass of water on top her bedstand.

After drawing in quick breaths, Nicole slowly felt herself relaxing. There was a knock on the door and Amarachi entered.
"Oh amara you are back"Nicole said before dropping her laptop aside.
Amarachi smiled at her and came to sit by her side.

"How was your day baby girl?"Nicole asked smiling.
"It was beautiful what about yours? How was your day with Raphael?"

On hearing his name, a sad look and a frown washed upon her face.
She wiggled her nose at Amarachi who gave her a mischievous smile.

"I didn't hang out with raphael. He left immedately you left"She lied.
Amarachi's brow crinkled and she exhaled. "You are lying. You did hang out with him. How was it?"

Nicole's thought ran wild. What should she tell Amarachi? The part that Raphael trailed dangerous kisses on her neck, the part that she witnessed him heartlessly commanding his men to shoot somebody or the part that he almost choked her to death?

The resounding thought of Raphael giving the command to shoot that pleading man made Nicole feel dirty and guilty. She felt like a villian. It reminded her of the way she hired assassins to get rid of Amara. Her eyes welled with tears and Amarachi noticed it. She had lashed out on Raphael when she herself was no better.

"Why are your eyes teary Nicole?"

Nicole suddenly pulled Amara to a hug, crying on to her shoulder.
"I am sorry please. I can't deny the fact that i did some pretty bad things to you. I am so sorry. I am deeply sorry Amarachi for hurting you. I was just so blinded by love. A stupid love. I am so sorry..look"

"It's fine nicole"Amarachi interrupted her as she pulled out of the embrace. She wiped her tears and held Nicole's hands, gently squeezing it.
"Look Nicole, I put myself in your shoes. I imagined being betrothed to a man and suddenly he comes up that he has another woman he wants. I would have truly gotten hurt. So I don't hold any grudges against you. Nicole please don't beat yourself for this. I love you sis"

Nicole nodded her head with tears slithering down her cheeks.
"I love you too"

"So tell me what are you searching for in your laptop that got you looking quite tensed when i walked in?"
Nicole sniffed her nose and grabbed her laptop.
"It's nothing sis"she said attempting not to talk about her research.
Amarachi knew she was lying again.
But why? That was what she didn't know?

"Nicole what ever is bothering you, you can tell me"
Nicole sighed and thought for a moment.
"I'm scared amara"she confessed.

"Scared of who? Of what?"Amarachi asked surprised. She clearly didn't expect that statement from her sister.

Nicole stared at her. "Raphael"

"Why? He is so nice. He is charming, he is hard-working. Why are you scared of him?"Amarachi asked with an amused expression.
If only she knew who Raphael really was.
Nicole was the only one opportuned to know a tint of the real Raphael and it shook her to the bone.