Chapter 56

AMARACHI

I stared at kaima with utmost shock. My lips were parted and I couldn't believe what he said.
"Are you really serious?"I asked astonished by his gift.
He nodded his head with a hearty smile on his face.

"Kaima this is too much...ummm...why..how..why..You actually bought this for me?"I stuttered unable to bring out the words from my mouth.

He laughed and leaned closer, grasping my free hand.
"Yes i did buy it for you and it's not too much. I'll do more for you Amarachi"

I gazed into his eyes and hugged him immediately. I was even shocked by my own actions but he got me a phone so I guess he deserves the hug.

"Thank you kaima. You are so nice to me. Thank you so much"
I was so grateful to him for everything he had done.

"It's nothing amara"he said with a shrug of shoulders.

"I'm going to be sending you monthly subscription for data. This night I'll send you data and credit. You can use the data to add yourself on social media, explore a different side of this world through your phone and you can also watch youtube videos pertaining your sewing. It will broaden your knowledge you know"

I just stood fixed and stared at kaima intently. I couldn't believe he was actually doing all these for me.
He noticed my shocked expression and shook his head laughing.
"Amara c'mon it's nothing. I'll do more for you. You deserve so much more than what you are getting and I mean it"
He said this with all sincerity. I knew he was right. Life had just been so unfair to me.

Memories of every turbulent moment in my life flashed through my mind.
I tried not to let out a tear drop in front of kaima but a few traitorous tear drops slipped.

I found kaima brushing my tears off with his hands.
He cupped my face in his palms and gave me a very soft reassuring smile.
"I know life is hard Amara but you will be fine. I'm here now ok. Your past may not be fine but your present and your future,I promise to make them beautiful"

Those were the kindest words anyone had ever said to me.
I nodded my head and flashed him a bright smile.
"Why are you being so nice to me kaima?"

Kaima stroked his chin and raised his brows, looking up at the sky as if he was thinking.
I let out a giggle as I watched him.
"Well because you are special Amara. You know one of these days you should come visit me"

I crumbled in laughter as I put the phone case back in the gift pack.
"How can I visit you?"I said in between laughs.

"Well with your legs or I can come pick you up"Kaima teasingly said.

"Don't worry now you have a phone we will discuss when and HOW you should visit me this later this night" Kaima added laying emphasis on the 'how'.

His playful and humorous nature made me giggle.
I nodded my head to him.
"I'll have to go now kaima. Let me drop this phone at home.Thank you so much for the phone"

"Oh you are going home I can walk you. I'm going the same direction"Kaima offered.

My eyes lit up at his offer. I nodded my head and he winked at me.
"So tell me Kaima why is your hair so long for a boy?"I asked as we started walking towards the direction of my house.

"You know I really can't fathom it. It actually started of as a bet back in the states....."kaima began.
I felt so calm and relaxed whenever I was with him. I loved the feeling.
I just wished he would always be by my side.
I felt an emotion within me surge.
It was strange and new.
But I liked it.

* * * * * * * * *

"Amara won't kill me o"Becca lamented as she entered Lydia's shop, intruding on Lydia's and Ogechi's conversation.

"Rebecca haba what's the problem?"Lydia asked as Rebecca sat on a chair, shaking her head vehemently and pounding her fist.

"I am finished"Rebecca added in her laments.

"Don't say that ok"Ogechi objected.
"You aren't finished God forbid. What's the problem?"Lydia asked.

"Amara is just doing everything possible to steal my Nonso away from me. Can you believe this useless girl is now running errands for my mother inlaw? She even had the audacity to talk back at me"Becca snarled.

Lydia and Ogechi let out a sarcastic laugh simultaneously.
"That useless girl. She is the one we were talking about before you entered"Lydia scoffed with a loud hiss.

"She is trying to take your husband and my future husband"Ogechi added.

Rebecca smirked and drew her chair closer to them,"So let's get rid of her together. She can't stand all three of us"

There was brief silence between the three duo before Lydia spoke up.
"I like your spirit. I am planning something for that girl"

Ogechi and Becca furrowed their brows, waiting to expect more.
Lydia grinned at both of them.
"I'm arranging a kidnap or murder plan for her. She is just biting more than she can chew"
Rebecca's face brightened on hearing that unlike Ogechi's, whose brow drew to a worried look.
Her mother glared at her and she gave Lydia a meek nod.

"Amara your downfall has started"Lydia said maliciously as an evil grin was plastered on her face.

* * * * * * * *

"Mum"Jordan called out to his mother who was sitting in the dinning room, jotting some things on a note pad.

She hummed to him and he reduced the volume of the television and turned to face his mother from the parlour.

"Mum what are you doing?"

"Well I am just writing my plans you know, the number of girls I've gotten so far, expenses and all that for my fashion school"
Jordan exhaled and walked over to his mum.

"My hardworking mum"He praised as he patted her shoulder.
"You still have one spot left right?"

Mrs Justice scrunched her face and tilted her head repeatedly.
"Well I do but I can make space for two. I met these two girls, they are both talented. I've seen one of them sew a couple of time but the other I haven't"

"So how do you know they are both talented if you've only witnessed one sewing?"Jordan asked.

"Well I hear the other one is talented like the first and she even taught the first how to sew but the first seems really talented. This is a serious thing you know. I want to pick the best girls. If they are both talented then I can make space for two people"

Jordan shook his head and massaged his temples."Well mum I know this other girl and she is very talented trust me. She is so talented. I want you to check her out"

Mrs Justice stared at Jordan and nodded her head at him,"More work for me but it's fine. I'll. I'm going tomorrow to meet those two girls. I can meet this girl you want me to check out"

Jordan's eyes lit up and he hugged his mum, pecking her continuously and thanking her profusely.

* * * * * * * * * * *

"Amarachi cut that fabric well o. If you spoil that cloth I promise you will pay for it"Lydia snarled at Amara who gave a meek nod.
Amara stopped to relax herself. She had been working since yesterday night.
Lydia was just dumping so much materials on her to sew.
Even this morning, after her house chores, her work load still remained much more.
"And why is she not working?"Lydia rudely asked once she spotted Amara not working.

"Will you cut that fabric now!"Ogechi snapped at Amara.
Amara glanced at Ogechi and shook her head in dismay at how vile her attitude had become.
She listened to Ogechi's and Lydia's chattering and it made Amara wish her mother was alive.
Life had been unfair to her and she deeply wished she could see her mother. She had faint memories of her mother's face because she was still so little when her mother passed away under mysterious circumstances.
Amara sighed,holding back her tears and continued working when the gate suddenly opened and Mrs Justice stepped inside accompanied by Jordan.