Chapter 55

Adaora sat outside eagerly waiting for Rebecca to come back. It was already noon and Becca wasn't back.
She knew fully well Rebecca didn't go for morning mass. Adaora felt so agitated by Rebecca's behaviour. They had worked so hard to get Rebecca to this spot and it felt like Rebecca was going to throw everything to the mud.
She bit her bottom lips in annoyance and stumped her foot to the ground angrily. Suddenly the gate whirled open and a happy Becca came inside beaming with smiles.

Adaora looked up at her with annoyance written all over her face.
"Adaora why are you sitting outside?"Becca asked as she approached Adaora who kept on glaring at her.
"And why are you staring at me like that?"Becca added asking with a hint of slight annoyance.

Adaora folded her arms immediately.
"Sister why are you doing this now? Mama is suspecting you o!"

Rebecca dragged her closer immediately which startled Adaora.
"Didn't you tell her I went to morning mass?"Becca asked trying not to raise her voice.
Her eyes then moved around the surroundings, probably wondering if anyone was around.

"Nobody is around. It's just me" Adaora said reading her thoughts.

"And I told her you went to morning mass but she didn't believe. In fact it got her upset. Sister stop this now. Must you go see Emmanuel? You already have Nonso"

Becca heaved a sigh and gave her sister a bright smile.
"I have to make Nonso believe I'm pregnant. Nonso believes that he slept with me once and he still hasnt accepted me you know that. If I tell him I'm pregnant with his child atleast he would accept me. Beside he believes he slept with me"

Adaora mumbled some incoherent words which made Becca brows pull together in a worry. She sighed again and flashed Adaora a mild smile.
"Chill ok. I know what I'm doing"

"What if mama and Nonso find out?"Adaora worriedly asked with a frown.

"Who will tell them?"Becca asked with raised brows and a smirk plastered on her face.
"Nobody will tell them please rest"Becca confidently said as she headed inside the house with Adaora following behind.

*************
AMARACHI

I sat with aunty Lydia as she showed me a dress pattern to cut out for a customer's fabric. It was just I and aunty Lydia in shop.
The only sound that was heard was her voice, echoing around the walls of the shop.
I silently listened to what she was saying and nodded my head wherever necessary.
Suddenly Ogechi barged inside grumbling which startled both I and Lydia.
She grabbed a chair and immediately sat close to her mother.

I quietly stood up and watched her.
"Mama oh I am tired"ogechi complained.

"What's the problem?"Lydia asked in dismay.

"Mama guess what?"Ogechi began as she faced her mother.
Lydia furrowed her brows waiting for Ogechi to speak up.
"I saw Jordan today and I was so embarrassed to even go greet him"

"Chimo(my God)!"aunty Lydia immediately exclaimed.
"Where did you see him?"she added.

"In Slot. That popular supermarket just for electronics. I went there to check the price of an earpod and I saw him there. Mama I was so embarrassed because I remembered everything I did"Ogechi lamented.

Aunty Lydia's gaze suddenly shifted to me and she began glaring at me.
What did I do now?

"It's not even your fault my dear"Lydia said to a wailing Ogechi.

"No it's not your fault my dear. It's this stupid girl's fault"aunty Lydia rudely remarked facing me.

How was it my fault?
Have I even met Jordan before?
God this was so pathetic.