Chapter 32

Lydia was dumbstruck when Mrs Justice uttered that statement. Her blood boiled and she restrained herself from screaming. She took a cursory glance at Ogechi who had confusion written all over her face.
She cursed under her breath and swallowed the bile forming in her throat.
"Em.em..Ada you mean you want to see Amara's work?"Lydia asked nervously.
Mrs Justice nodded her head in response to the question.
It felt like the hatred Lydia had for Amara just inflated.
"But...but..amara is still learning from my daughter...."Lydia began to speak in order to put her daughter back in the spotlight.

"I know that but i want to still see what she can sew. Or you want to tell me that Amara has been learning from Ogechi but hasn't sewed a single dress? Ogechi doesn't let her sew? That means Ogechi is a bad teacher"Mrs Justice said with a smirk.

Ogechi swallowed her saliva and shook her head,"No no ma I'm not a bad teacher o but she does sew too"

"Yes she sews too. We will show you one of her works ok. We didn't bring any as you can see"Lydia spoke up supporting her daughter.
Deep down she was fuming with anger for Amarachi.

"No problem at all. Next time I'll see it"
Their discussion was interrupted by the sounds of spoons and plates on the dinning table.
They all turned to see Cynthia setting up lunch.
"Oh food is ready. Shall we?"Mrs Justice offered as she stood up, wearing a smile on her face.

Lydia and Ogechi gave her a smile and stood up with her, but each of them looked at each other with anxiety.
Their trick didn't go exactly as planned and the only person they could think that was responsible for it was Amara.

********************
"Go call me Nonso. It's time for me to put on my act"Becca said to her sister.
As if on cue, Nonso opened the door and stepped inside.
He looked so worried at the same time very angry.
"Sorry I couldn't wait anymore for you two to finish your conversation"

Becca shook her head at him and let out a faint smile but she wondered if Nonso heard their discussion too.
"It's nothing. I just told Adaora to call you"
She signalled to her sister to leave as Nonso approached her bed.
Once Adaora had gone, Nonso gave becca a terrible glare.
"What was that rubbish for? Why would you attempt suicide? Are you Ok?"Nonso began pouring questions at her.
Relief washed over Becca's face. For a second, she thought he had heard their conversation.
"Yes i attempted suicide..."Becca began with her charade.
"I did all that because of you!"

Nonso was surprised at her reply.
How was he responsible?
"Did I tell you to kill yourself? How is it because of me?"he asked with annoyance.

"Nonso you would never agree that you took my virginity. I promised my late father that only my future husband will deflower me. And you deflowered me before i even got married to you. Worse still you denied it even after seeing the proof. How could I live? Do you know what it means for a guy to deny a girl after sleeping with her?"
Becca started shedding her crocodile tears in order to win Nonso's sympathy.

Nonso massaged his temples and groaned out in frustration. His mind was in disarray.
He never believed he slept with her.
He saw the red stains when he woke up but he never believed he did it.
The person he loved was Amara. By marrying Rebecca he would be ruining his life.
He was still in shock by how far Becca could go to prove her point.

"Rebecca please stop crying. I love Amarachi. How can i accept you when my heart is saying otherwise?"Nonso explained trying to comfort becca.
She pushed his hands away and stared at him dangerously.
She hated that sentence'I love Amarachi'.

"You love her but it's me you slept with! Nonso why do you want to make me a laughing stock? My father in his grave will be twisting in anguish. I never knew you were like other boys. You just sleep with girls and deny them!"