Chapter 75

Jordan's chest heaved with anger and he immediately rushed outside trying to talk to Amarachi.
Nicole glared at him as he walked away.
"Amara" Jordan called out to her once he spotted her close to the gate. Amarachi stopped walking but didn't turn to face him.

She immediately wiped off her tears before Jordan would come close.
"What was that?"Jordan asked softly as he came to meet her.

Amarachi gave him no reply. She just stared at the ground.
"Amarachi why are you doing this? Who is making you do this?"
Still no response from her. She just sniffed her nose.

"Amarachi talk to me!"Jordan immediately growled which made Amarachi flinch.
She stared at him."Nobody is making me do this Jordan"

"Liar!"He replied almost immediately. "Amarachi this is a once in a life time opportunity! For Goddamn sake! Amarachi don't throw it away. What has gotten into you?"Jordan asked softly.

Amarachi's eye became stung with tears as she listened to him. She tried walking away but he dragged her back immediately.
"Look at me. Amarachi why are you doing this please? I know you've endured much in this life but..."

"You know?"Amarachi immediately interrupted him with her face having a faint smile on them
"What do you know?! Huh Jordan? What do you know?"Amarachi scoffed.

"Look at you Jordan. You were born and brought up in wealth. You have a mother that cares for you. You have a father that wants you to succeed. You have siblings that love you"

"You have a beautiful fiancee that loves you"Amarachi whispered with drops of tear slithering down her cheeks.
Jordan was about speaking but Amarachi upheaved her hands at him.

"Now look at me. I lost my parents to death so suddenly. My mum died out of food poisoning and her husband joined her the next year in a fatal car accident. The two of them just left me. Just like that. I was just six. I was left at the mercy of people whom I thought were my family still I was maltreated. And you are standing here telling me you know I've endured much? What do you know Jordan?"
Amarachi shook uncontrollably as she spoke. It pained Jordan to see her so broken.

"Amarachi please..."

"Stop!"Amarachi immediately interrupted him.
"Stop acting like you care Jordan! You don't care. You have not a single idea of what I'm going through and what I went through. You stand here acting so concerned and telling me you know what I've been through? Tell me what do you know? Do you know of the days I was starved? The days I was beaten or the multiple times I was chased out of the house? Then i find out that the man whom i believed was my biological father isn't really my father. I find out that I truly don't have a family. I find out that I'm truly an orphan"

"Jordan tell me what do you know I've endured?"Amarachi asked in a whisper.
"You came into my life, you pretended to be a saviour. You pretended you loved me"

"No Amarachi please don't say that. I really love you. I do I swear"Jordan said quickly with pleading eyes as he tried to grasp hold of Amarachi's hands but she withdrew.

"You don't! What sort of love is this?You were all along betrothed to somebody else and you still behaved so romantic towards me. Jordan, I fell inlove with you. For the first time in my life, someone actually made my heart race. Only for me to find out that you are getting engaged. Out of all the pains and backstabbings I've experienced, yours was the one that hurt me the most"

Jordan felt anger and sadness pierce through him. Hurt was written all over his face as Amarachi made her last statement.
He felt this unexplainable sudden throbbing pain in his chest.
Tears swell up in his eyes and he shook his head. "Please don't leave me Amarachi. I promise I'll set everything straight" Jordan pleaded.