Chapter 104

"Lydia why did you do this? My mother loved you, she loved Ogechi too. She wanted the best for all of us. Do you know she would always tell me back then that she couldn't wait to see I and Ogechi grow up to be successful women with good husbands? She loved your daughter Lydia. She loved you Lydia"Amarachi said as the tears kept streaming down her cheeks. She didn't even want to retrain herself from crying. She cried so uncontrollably that her body shook.
Amarachi held on to Jordan tighter for support because she felt she could pass out any moment.
Jordan planted a tender kiss on her cheek and patted her hair softly as he maintained his hold on her waist.

Lydia fell to her knees and crouched to Amarachi's feet, her tears dropping on her feet whilst she wailed and pleaded for forgiveness. Amarachi closed her eyes and cried bitterly as Lydia begged at her feet.

Francis stared at his wife, disgusted by her. He couldn't believe all this years he had been married to a murderer. He never knew Lydia could be this wicked to Chinenye.
He felt like strangling her to death but restrained himself as he watched her beg. One thing he knew was that he couldn't stay in the same house with her again. He made up his mind to send her out of his house after Amarachi left. He badly wished Nne was alive to witness what was happening.

Nne had always warned him about Lydia. She had tried to make him stand up to his wife whenever she mistreated Amarachi but he never for once spoke up against it because of the personal animosity he carried for Chinenye because she married his brother instead of him. Now he wished he could go back in time to right all his wrongs. As thoughts of Nne, Emeka and Chinenye kept seething into his mind, he subconsciously started sobbing.
Lydia had ruined his family. The daughter he thought was his, was another man's child and she was currently in coma. His wife was a murderer and to top it all Emeka, Chinenye and Nne were all dead. He was the only one alive and at this moment he wished could join them in death.
Amarachi the forsaken orphan they thought would never succeed had gotten wealth, a fiancè and most importantly a family. The angel looking down from heaven smiled softly at Amarachi. God had given her a second family and a new beginning.

Life had really taken a twist for Lydia. Everything felt like a dream to her. She never imagined her evil deeds would come back to haunt her in the future.
She wished she could turn the hands of time and correct her wrongdoings.
Her conscience beat her and she felt a throbbing inner pain in her chest.

"Amarachi please forgive me. I've lost everything. Look at me. I have nothing again. I have lost everything including my dear Ogechi. She is fighting for her life in the hospital right now. I know I have wronged you deeply but please forgive me. Let me gain your forgiveness"she pleaded sorrowfully as she clutched on to Amarachi's feet.

The atmosphere stung of guilt and tears.
Amarachi couldn't even speak again. It felt like she had lost her voice as Lydia kept on crying. She could only cry along. Her eyes were still closed and her mind was hazy. She couldn't hear any thing anymore. It felt like she was in maze and foggy thoughts clouded her mind as it took another walk down memory lane.

Amarachi sat down on the stool, hands ferociously dancing inside the bucket of water filled with detergents and heap of clothes. It had been four years since her mother and father passed away. Sometimes she wished it was a bad dream and she would wake with tears in her ears as she had recurring dreams of them.

The pain for a five year old who witnessed her mother's death was nearly unbearable for the young lad. Nne couldn't let her attend her mother's funeral. She wasn't let to see her mother being laid to rest in mother earth as the emotional truama was too much. Then life took a turn for the worst when her father joined his wife the next year. Amarachi was distraught and broken. She cried so much that day that she fell sick.