Chapter 80

AMARACHI

I closed my eyes and braced up for my death. I have no will to live again.
Let me just die.
But I didn't hear any sound of gunshot.
I counted to ten and yet he didn't shoot me.
I opened my eyes and caught him staring at me.
What is going on? Isn't he going to kill me?
Not like I was praying for my death but he did bring me out here to kill me so why didn't he shoot?
Or does he want to take me by surprise?

He removed his mask and I could see he was young, probably Jordan's age and he was also good-looking.
Kidnappers weren't suppose to take off their mask else they could risk getting exposed. So why did he take his off?
"What is your name?"He asked me softly.

"Ama...amarachi"I stuttered.
I literally had no idea what was going on.
He dropped his gun and came closer to me, brushing some dirts of my face.
Was he planning on raping me?
I won't go down without a fight if that's what he wants.

"Don't you want to know why I brought you outside?"He asked.
I nodded my head at him.

"I don't want you to die"He stated.
I gasped and tears welled up in my eyes.
"Are..are you serious? You won't kill me?"I asked quickly.

He nodded his head at me.
"You remind me so much of my sister. She looked just like you. I can't kill you. When I first saw you yesterday, you reminded me so much of her"
Wow, his English was good, you hardly see kidnappers that speak fluent English.
Who is he?
I noticed his voice became shaky, like he wanted to cry.
He faced down.
"What happened to your sister?"I asked softly but I was still scared.

He looked up at me. "She died. She was kidnapped, the kidnappers demanded a huge amount of money. I couldn't meet up. After our parents died, she was all I had but she died"

I gasped. This is why his voice is shaky.
I noticed some tear drops as he spoke.
"I didn't want to become this rugged armed man but life is so unfair. And now I'm looking at you and all I can see is my sister in you. I mean she looked just like you. How can i bring myself to kill you? It will be like killing my sister again"
He sobbed as he spoke.

I watched him. I felt hurt. Life was so cruel. He clearly didn't want to become this but life had pushed him to choose this path.
It's so unfair. I couldn't help the few drops of tears that rolled down my cheeks as I looked at him.
I know first hand of how it feels to be an orphan. I am one too.

"Stop..stop crying"I managed to say.
He gave me a faint smile.
"This evening, the boss is planning to kill you. He will send somebody. Please pray to any God you serve that the person he sends should be me"
I nodded my head at him.

"I promise you, you won't die Amarachi"
That sentence.
My mum told me in my dream that I won't die.
She really meant it.
"God please save me from this"

* * * * * * * * * *

"Papa you are back!"Ogechi jumped for joy once she spotted Francis entering the compound.

"My baby girl"He said to her as she ran to meet him.
Lydia smiled and went over to help Francis with his bags.

"Papa what did you buy for me?"
Francis chuckled and shook his head.
"Plenty food because I know you like food"

"If she doesn't like food what will she like?"Lydia teased Francis as they stepped inside.

Francis slumped on the sofa and exhaled deeply.
"Amarachi!"He called out.
Lydia and Ogechi scrunched their face away.

"Where is that girl? Let her come arrange what I bought now"Francis grumbled.

"Amarachi isn't here"Lydia confessed.
"What do you mean? Where is she?"