Chapter 50

Ogechi immediately casted her gaze downwards as the fear and embarrassment struck her immediately she realised the mistake she made.
"Goodmorning"Jordan greeted with a smile.
He immediately recognised Ogechi but kept his cool. He also wondered if Lydia couldn't recognise him since they had run into each other a couple of times when he was with Amarachi.
His mother motioned for him to come sit by her.

  "Meet my son Jordan"Mrs justice remarked with a soft smile as she put her hands over his shoulders.
Lydia was oblivious of the discomfort Ogechi was going through . She was too deep in excitement of the fact that her daughter was meeting Jordan that she didn't realise that she herself had met Jordan a couple of times when he was with Amarachi.
She kept on grinning from ear to ear as if she had won a lottery.
"Ogechi say hi to Jordan"Lydia nudged at ogechi without even glancing at her.
Ogechi kept on averting her gaze from Jordan and his mother.

  A smirk curved by the side of Jordan's lips. He knew why she felt uncomfortable.

"Ogechi say hi now"Lydia whispered to Ogechi. She finally faced Ogechi and got irritated by Ogechi's behaviour.
"Why is she suddenly quiet madam Lydia? Ogechi you were eager to see Jordan and he is here"Mrs justice said worriedly.

Jordan faced his phone and averted his gaze from Ogechi who still had her face downcasted.
"She's just shy"Lydia immediately spoke up for Ogechi with a plastic smile on her face.

Mrs Justice hummed and nodded her head.
"Nice meeting you all"Jordan said as he stood up and headed outside.
Lydia flashed him a smile and still nudged Ogechi to speak up but she still kept her gaze downward.
Lydia was fuming with anger on the inside but managed to suppress it and chat happily with Mrs Justice.
"Ogechi once we leave here you will explain this rubbish you just did"

***********
AMARACHI

  "So you mean Lydia did this to you?"Mrs Blessing, Nonso's mother asked me with shock written all over her face.

I nodded my head slowly and my face became gloomy.
"That woman is mad! I warned chinenye about her. I always told chinenye that Lydia would never accept her or her children but chinenye believed Lydia's attitude would eventually change. Instead of changing it even got worse!"Blessing lamented as her eyes gradually became tearfilled.

Mrs blessing was my mother's best friend and Nne used to tell me they were inseparable.
I am really glad to still have her in my life. I stood up and sat close to her and she engulfed me in a warm hug.
"Mama the deed has been done and  it's time to teach Lydia a lesson"Nonso said with a stern resolve on his face.

"How?"his mother asked.

Nonso faced his mother and clenched his fist.
"I'll file a complaint against her to the police"

Mrs blessing gasped and threw her hands in the air.
"You mean you will send her to jail?"Mrs blessing asked in a whisper.

"Yes mama she will go to jail. Let her experience the pain for some time"i replied.
"I have endured so many embarrassments and pain from her. Let her go to jail for some days" I added with no expression on my face.

I glanced at Nonso and he gave me a soft smile whilst nodding his head at me.

*************

"Ogechi I am talking to you. Will you stop there!?"Lydia yelled at Ogechi as they approached their gate.

Ogechi paid no heed to her incessant callings and roughly opened the gate, stumping her feet inside the compound.
Ever since they left Mrs Justice's house, Lydia had been trying to get Ogechi to talk but Ogechi remained silent.

"Ogechi!"

"Mama what?!"Ogechi yelled back as she finally stopped and turned to face her mother.

"What was that rubbish you did in Mrs Justice's house?"Lydia asked visibly agitated as she walked over to Ogechi.
Ogechi grumbled and folded her arms.

"Will you answer me!"Lydia yelled which made Ogechi flinched.

Ogechi suddenly broke down in tears which made Lydia surprised.
"Why are you crying now?"

"Mama I'm finished o. I'm finished! I totally embarrassed myself o!"Ogechi wailed as she put her hands over her head.

Lydia motioned for her to calm down.
"What happened? I don't understand? How did you embarrass yourself?"

Ogechi heaved a sigh and cleaned her tears with her palms.
"Mama do you know Amarachi had actually met Jordan before. Rebecca was right all along mama!"

Lydia became more confused and stared at Ogechi in amazement.
"How did that stupid girl meet him first"

"She is not stupid o!"Ogechi immediately retorted back.
"Infact she is very smart mama. The smartest girl I've seen. Mama the other day i walked into a restaurant with one of my boyfriends and saw Amara eating with Jordan. I totally insulted both of them mama"

Lydia let out a scream of disappointment immediately Ogechi finished speaking.
"Ogechi what have you done o?"Lydia cried out.

"Mama it's not my fault. Amara is so wicked. She knew him beforehand and didn't even tell us and she knows i want him. She is trying to snatch him away from me"Ogechi said refuting the blame and putting it on Amara.

Lydia looked so paled and kept on pacing to and fro.
"Amarachi you are wicked. So she knew Jordan all along and hid it from us. Had it been she introduced you to Jordan, you wouldn't have done what you did"Lydia said as she turned to face her daughter.

"Mama that girl has to go one way or the other. She is snatching Jordan from me!"
Lydia nodded her head and gave her daughter a smile.
"Don't worry about it my dear"

Just as she was about hugging Ogechi, the gate whirled open and two officers, a male and female, claded in black, entered the compound.

Ogechi and Lydia stared at each other in bewilderment, wondering why police officers came to their compound.

"Officers how can i help you?"Lydia asked nervously.

"Are you Mrs Lydia Okoro?"the male officer asked.

Lydia nodded her head unsure of where the conversation was going to.
"You are under arrest on charges of domestic abuse"the female officer spoke up abruptly.