Chapter 71

Amarachi swept the mango leaves that were endlessly dropping on the ground.
"Amara you are sweeping"Lydia said as she stepped outside, clothed in an ankara regalia.
"Aunty good morning. I want to sweep so I can go prepare breakfast. Ogechi opted to wash the clothes today. I didn't know you will be going out this early. I'm so sorry aunty. Let me quickly prepare something for you to eat"Amara said with a shaky voice as she dropped her broom.

"You don't have to. I'm rushing to go sef. Early morning market is the best. Continue biko. Cook for the rest. When I come back I'll eat"Lydia said as she walked towards the gate.

Amarachi heaving a sigh of relief, was struck with surprise by aunty Lydia's massive change of behaviour.
"She isn't even angry. She just left. Wow"

Amarachi continued her sweeping.
Some minutes later the gate opened and a figure Amarachi knew too well stepped inside.
Nicole.
"What does she want now? Why is she here?"

Amarachi furrowed her brows on seeing Nicole and itched to know why she came to her house in the morning.

Nicole walked elegantly towards Amarachi and removed her sunshades.
"Won't you atleast greet me?"Nicole scoffed at Amarachi as her eyes roved around the compound.

"Why should i? And how did you know my house?"Amarachi snapped back.
Nicole let out a laugh.
"You are a very stupid girl you know Amarachi. Well thanks to Jordan's mum, we passed your house yesterday. But darling you stink of poverty. Tell me why won't you stay away from my fiance? You are just a gold digger"

Amarachi hissed in annoyance "You can't come to my house and insult me. What do you want? I'm staying away from your Jordan so leave me alone!"

Nicole wiggled her nose and stepped closer to Amarachi, eyes burning with hatred.
"This is the last time I'll warn you. I won't lie. I hate you. I mean look at you. Just look. You are putting on rags. And you are trying to fight with me over my man. I'll crush you like the ant that you are I promise you Amarachi"

Amarachi rolled her eyes at Nicole "Are you done? Please leave"

Nicole smirked at her before turning to leave.
Ogechi who evesdropped,heard everything from the window.
"Wow so Jordan is actually her boyfriend. It seems like this girl doesn't like Amarachi"

Ogechi immediately walked outside, "Who was that Amara? Why was she insulting you? Is she mad?"

Amarachi sighed heavily.
"Forget her Ogechi. Let me cook abeg. I don't have time to discuss about her" Amarachi reasoned and walked inside.

Once Amarachi had entered the room, Ogechi immediately scurried outside the gate, in hopes of meeting Nicole.
Luckily for her, Nicole hadn't ignited her car engine yet.

Ogechi waved at her from outside which made Nicole brows furrow.
Nicole stepped down from the car and eyed Ogechi.
"I'm so happy you are still around. Goodmorning"Ogechi greeted excitedly.

"What do you want?"Nicole abruptly replied.

"I know you aren't on good terms with Amarachi. Me too. I don't like her. Infact nobody in my family likes her"

Nicole smirked.
"Why does she then stay with you guys?"

"That orphan. Where will she go if we throw her out. We are just pitying her. But she is ungrateful. The spot to America, it was meant for me but she snatched it away. That girl is a thief"Ogechi sneered.

"Wow so we have a common enemy"Nicole said with an evil grin.

"Yes"Ogechi said nodding.
"Let's both help each other and take her out so you can get your Jordan and I can get my spot to America"