Chapter 68

"Jordan what just happened earlier today?"Nicole asked irritated as she stumped into Jordan's room unannounced.
She eagerly awaited his arrival as the anger built up within her.

Jordan who was earlier on his phone,stood up to face her, his tall frame towering above her.
"What?"He asked as he shot her a slithering look.
Nicole stood fixed on the spot and maintained eye contact with him, unlike Amara. The more Jordan stared at her, the more he saw the striking resemblance between them.

"Why were you over that girl? That poor wretched girl Jordan?"

"Nicole!"Jordan yelled enraged.

"What!? She is poor and wretched. She stinks of poverty!"Nicole snapped back as she still stood fixed on the spot with an unwavering spirit.

Jordan massaged his temples for some seconds, trying to calm himself down leaving an aura of uncertainty in the air.
"Get out Nicole"He finally spoke up breaking the silence.

Nicole hissed loudly and folded her arms at him.
"Did you just say that to me?"Nicole asked with widened eyes.
"Get out please"Jordan replied laying emphasis on the 'Please'

"Look me in the eye when you talk to me Jordan! That girl is a filthy rag. She disgusts me. All these shameless hoes..."
Nicole wasn't allowed to complete her statement because in a swift second, Jordan grabbed her by her neck and pinned her to the wall.
His golden eyes burned with intensity.

Nicole tried to free herself from his grip but he used his free hand and swiftly pinned her hands above her head.

"Don't ever in your life call Amarachi a hoe"Jordan said menacingly as Nicole whimpered underneath him.

"Am I fucking clear!?"Jordan growled

Nicole nodded her head immediately and he let go off her.
She inhaled oxygen rapidly and held on to her chest, clamouring for more air.

"Now get out"Jordan ordered as he went back to his bed.
Nicole stood, breathing heavily before walking outside, banging the door behind her.

Nicole marched furiously to her room. Once inside she slumped on the bed and screamed out in frustration.
"Jordan almost strangled me today because of that filthy thing! He wasn't like this before he came here. God! I knew his stay in this horrible town was a bad idea. Jordan I swear you will pay for the way you treated me today. You and that miserable pauper!"

* * * * * * * * * *

There was a knock on her door. Amarachi sighed knowing fully well who it would be. Aunty Lydia.
She knew after what happened earlier today,Lydia would definitely unleash the beast in her.
She still couldn't believe Lydia and Ogechi spoilt the dress she made for Mrs Justice.
What did she ever do to them that made them hate her so much?
She deeply loved both of them and wished for the day they would see her as a good person but it seemed they are so blinded by their jealousy and false sense of reasoning.

The knocking persisted.
Amarachi reluctantly stood up from Nne's bed to answer the door.
It was Lydia and Ogechi.
It was even worse than she had imagined. Both mother and daughter were on her neck.

"Can we enter?"Lydia asked calmly which surprised Amara.
She nodded her head and walked inside the room.
They all sat on Nne's bed, silence flooding the atmosphere.
"We are sorry Amarachi" Lydia said breaking the silence.

Amarachi gazed at Lydia, amazed.
The last thing she expected was an apology.

"Amarachi we are truly sorry. The only reason i did all that was because of my daughter here. When you become a mother you will also understand. Every mother strives to see her child succeed"

"At my own expense? Aunty you want Ogechi to succeed at my own expense?"Amarachi asked cutting her short.

"I am so deeply sorry. I went too far please forgive me"Lydia begged as she suddenly crumbled into tears.

"Aunty please don't do that. Don't cry please. I am just grateful everything worked out perfectly"

"Amara please forgive us. We know we were wrong, please forgive us"Ogechi chirped in as she started sobbing.

Amarachi couldn't believe her eyes. They seemed so remorseful.
"Aunty i hold no grudges. I forgive both of you. I just want a happy family. That's all I crave for"

Lydia cleaned her tears and gave a faint smile "We will be that happy family. I promise. No more fights"

"Yes amara. From now one we will live in peace"Ogechi added as she went over to hug Amarachi.

Amarachi was apprehensive a bit but slowly loosened up to the hug and embraced Ogechi back.

"See my daughters are getting along. God thank you. I've been so wicked. God thank you my daughters are getting along"Lydia said in tears as she joined their embrace.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

"Rebecca you aren't staying in this house if you don't tell me what is going on between you and your husband" Mrs Oluchi,Rebecca's mother threatened.

She was surprised when Nonso dropped off Rebecca's belongings yesterday. She had tried so much to talk to Rebecca but Rebecca remained silent and she had gotten any of it.
This morning she barged into Rebecca's room with questions that needed answers.

"Mama"rebecca sighed as she sat up on the bed.
"Don't mama me!"Oluchi snapped back.
"What is going on? Why did your husband bring your belongings back here?"
Rebecca's face became downcasted.

"Answer me!"Oluchi snapped which startled Rebecca.

"Mama he threw me out ok!"Rebecca yelled out which took Oluchi aback and unaware.
"What?"Oluchi asked bewildered.

"Yes he did mama. Nonso threw me out. To him this marriage is over"

Mrs Oluchi slowly went over to her daughter and sat by her as Becca buried her face in her hands and started sobbing.
"Rebecca talk to me"

Rebecca faced her mother with her tear stained cheek.
"He found out I was having an affair"

"Chimo(My God)!"Oluchi shouted quickly.
She eyed Rebecca "An affair?? Rebecca an affair!"

Rebecca sobbed the more and avoided her mother's bloodshot gaze.
"Rebecca are you mad?! I'na pu'ala(are you mad!?) Did i train you to be an adulteress. You cried all the time that you wanted Nonso didn't you? We gave you Nonso. Your only job was to keep him happy and you failed woefully. I am ashamed of you"Oluchi spat at her daughter.

"Mama this isn't the time for all these. I did all that with the aim of getting pregnant so Nonso will be close to me. I am pregnant now and Nonso already knows the truth. He knows he isn't responsible"

Oluchi chuckled to herself and shook her head in dismay.
"Take this child to the father if you know what is good for you. Take this child to the useless man you had an affair with because you aren't bearing this child in this house. Never. Over my dead body. I didn't kill my mother and you won't kill me!"

With that, Oluchi stormed off leaving Rebecca to her worries.
"What have I done? Emmanuel is not responsible enough to take care of a child and Nonso won't accept this child too. I need to beg Nonso. I don't mind if he remarries. Let him just accept me back. Amarachi you are the only one who can help me now"