Chapter 60

"Amara is a perfect seamstress. She won't spoil your fabric. I'm assuring you of that"Lydia immediately replied.
Mrs Justice nodded her head and exhaled "I know she won't".

Mrs Justice then stood up at once, flashing Lydia a smile"I'll be on my way now"

"Thank you for stopping by Ada. Take care ok"Lydia cheerfully said as she baded Ada farewell.

There was a huge glint of hope in her eyes. Lydia couldn't stop grinning.
"I'm sorry Ada but your fabric will be destroyed"
Lydia snapped her fingers together and continued her work.

AMARACHI

"Oh good Lord"i groaned out as i slumped on Nne's bed.
I glanced at the electronic smart watch Jordan got for me.
It was half past 6.
Aunty Lydia wasn't even back from shop and Ogechi wasn't around.
Only uncle Francis was.
I noticed the way he eyed me when Jordan dropped me off.

Today was really incredible.
Jordan really spoilt me.
I glanced at the sea of shopping bags on the floor.
They were just too much.
He even took me to a boutique.
Seeing the price tags on the clothes, i let out a shriek.
I knew I could never afford it but Jordan told me to pick as much as I wanted.

God knows i have never been treated this way before.
I exhaled deeply and a small smile found its way to my lips.
I subconsciously touched my neck and memories of how he planted kisses on my neck came rushing like flood waters.

Jordan was literally the best thing that had ever happened to me.
I felt this emotion build up in me.
Is this really love?
Am I inlove with Jordan?

More importantly is he inlove with me?
Does he have deep feelings for me?
I hated infuation because they were just superficial feelings that could be washed away.

"Amara why is Jordan making you feel so restless?"i asked myself as a wide smile spread across my face.

Suddenly a knock on the door interrupted my blissful thoughts.
"Amarachi come and prepare rice and stew right now. I'm hungry here"My uncle grimaced.

I shook my head in dismay.
"Yes uncle"I replied.
They won't just let me rest.
I stood up from the bed tiredly and went ahead in undressing myself and arranging the numerous shopping bags before proceeding out the door.

* * * * * * * * *

It was half past seven.
Lydia and her daughter were sitting in the parlour discussing in hushed tones, feeling bittered about Amara's favour in the eyes of Mrs Justice.

"Mama I hate amarachi with every fibre in me. She is so wicked. You need to have heard papa telling me about the numerous shopping bags he saw Amara coming inside with. He even said Jordan was the one who brought her"Ogechi lamented.

Lydia shook her head repeatedly.
"My daughter, tables will turn i tell you"

"Mama that should have been me. See I'll go and collect those gifts. I broke up with my boyfriend hoping on Jordan and he is clinging on to Amara. What does she have that i don't?"
Lydia turned to her face her daughter who had already started sobbing.
"Don't worry my princess. Don't take any gift from her let her enjoy it now.
I have a plan"Lydia whispered into Ogechi's eye.

Ogechi's brow drew to a confused expression"What is that? Mama we've been planning nonstop but Amara is still topping us. That girl has a strong spirit following her"

Lydia let out a breathy laugh and her face wore an evil grin"This time it will work I promise you. Ada wants to assign a very expensive fabric to Amara for her to sew and you know your mother now, I'll definitely ruin it"Lydia smirked.