Chapter 100

Seconds rolled into hours as hours rolled into days and the days rolled into weeks since Nicole's visit to Raphael and also Jordan's proposal to Amarachi. Both sides grew closer, bonds strengthening as the days rolled by.
Amarachi would listen continuously to Mother and Nicole ramble about her wedding and it always amused her because she was tired of explaining to them that she wasn't getting married immedately.
She had discussed it with Jordan and they both decided to tie the knot a year later. Considering her plans to travel abroad was underway, marriage was the last thing on her mind but Nicole and mother were on deaf ears to her own side.
"Mother I and Jordan aren't getting married now"Amarachi would always remind her.
"Do you want to be engaged forever?"Mother would snap back teasingly.
She was still very elated at the fact that mother and Nicole wished well for her. This was the care and concern she had been craving for. This was the love she would beg Lydia and Francis for yet they would show her nothing but hatred and scorn. Now she had gotten the family and love she wanted and she couldn't be more contended.

Nicole and Raphael on the other hand saw their bickers and banters evolve into a bond that neither of them wanted to break free from. From never-ending bickering to never-ending cravings in seeing each other, endless late night calls and going on different dates.

Nicole truly couldn't believe how close she and Raphael were becoming. She also couldn't deny the fact that she was dangerously growing feelings for the charming mysterious man. It got her all scared and happy.
She was scared when she thought of how he would react if he found out she had feelings for him. That thought sent down shivers down her spine. She knew fully well Raphael was single and he told her he doesn't fall in love so what chance did she have in getting him to love her?
Did he feel the same way?
Would he reject her the same way Jordan did?
Those questions got her erupting with panic whenever she brooded over them.

Raphael on the other hand couldn't believe how close him and Nicole had become that they couldn't spend a day without calling each other. He was Raphael Justice, the ruthless Don of the Italian Mafia. He ruled and subdued with an iron fist igniting fear into the mind of anyone who thought of him. He never had a heart or saw himself falling for a woman but Nicole---this woman--she was bringing him to his knees.

He consistently tried denying the fact that he didn't feel anything for her but as the days rolled by, his craving for her also increased. His desire to have her, possess her entire being as his was eating him up. It was just a matter of time before they both confessed their feelings for each other.

* * * *

Nicole couldn't stop the bubbles of laughter erupting from within her. She had laughed so much that her throat and stomach began hurting coupled with tears forming her eyes.
Raphael scoffed at her as his face became disconcerted.

"It's not funny Nicole"Raphael snapped back as he folded his arms at her. They were on yet another blissful date. He had taken her to watch a movie and now they were in a huge pleasure park.

"The almighty leader of the Italian mafia is scared of roller coasters? For real? Are you kidding me Raphael?" Nicole asked sarcastically in a whisper as she laughed harder. They had a tête-à-tête, talking about each other's fears and Raphael confessed he was scared of roller coasters. From childhood he had never liked it and the fear still remained in him. Nicole found it so unbelievable.

A look of discomfort crossed Raphael's face and he hissed. "Those motherfucking shits are too scary. People die on those stuffs"

Nicole bit her lips trying so hard to control her laughter which got Raphael more irritated as he huffed and scoffed at her.

"Raphael this is hilarious as fuck! Ok fine I won't laugh again"Nicole said trying to supress her laughter as Raphael curses in italian and a smile washes on his face.