Chapter 42

AMARACHI

  "Will Becca listen to me? Will she behave aggressively?"
This questions rummaged through my mind, searching for answers as I walked to Becca's house.
I felt so nervous and covered in perspiration.
She is my friend, or probably was my friend.
I sighed deeply and shook my head, trying to assure myself that Becca would listen to me.

  I approached her gate and i pushed it open. I slowly entered inside. I was feeling very nervous.
This was so strange because Rebecca was my childhood friend, I shared almost everything with her and now I'm feeling so nervous to approach her.
   It's so strange how some of the people we believed we would walk the journey of life with together suddenly turned strangers and enemies.
I heard a voice coming from the backyard and I decided to go there.
It sounded like Rebecca's voice.
I braced myself up for any insults as I approached her.

  "Becca good evening" I greeted nervously with a smile.

She was peeling yam and gazed up to look at me. Once she saw me she let out a loud hiss and continued peeling the yam.

  I frowned and greeted her once more.
"What Amarachi!?Can't you leave me alone?"Becca rudely replied.

"Rebecca i know you are angry but i just want to sort things out with you"I began,motioning with my hands for her to calm down.
Becca chuckled deeply and dropped her knife that was used in peeling and faced me with a smirk curving on her lips.

"You want to sort things out?"Becca asked rheotorically.

"No Amara husband snatcher! You want to sort things out?! After trying so hard to snatch my man from me!"
I closed my eyes for some seconds trying to calm myself down.
I was beginning to get fed up by her incessant insults and name calling.

"Rebecca are all these insults necessary?"I asked in a whisper trying to control my tears and anger.

Becca stood up, eyed me from head to toe and pushed me back violently.
My eyes widened and I held on to my chest.
"Do you want to fight me!?"Becca yelled to my dismay.

"No do you want to fight me?! Husband snatcher! Just like her mother!"
Immediately she made that statement, I was overwhelmed with anger and immediately, I slapped Rebecca.

Rebecca gasped and stared at me, holding on to the cheek I slapped.
"Amara!"

"Rebecca!" I yelled back at her.
I was breathing so heavily and fuming with anger.

"Don't you ever in your life insult my mother! Insult me and leave my mother out of this! I've endured your insults for too long and I won't take it again!"

Becca blinked severely, trying to digest all that happened.
"Amarachi did you just raise your voice at me?"

"Yes! I did. Do you want to beat me? Rebecca i came here to settle things with you but i can see you are so clouded by jealousy and false reasoning. You will marry your Nonso but if you don't change this attitude of yours then your marriage will break" I spat at Becca who just stared at me with jaws dropped.
  I eyed her as she just gazed at me before turning to leave.
I actually thought I could fix our friendship but i guess our friendship is now permanently broken.

*******************
So hey how was this!!!!?
Who liked Amara's change of behaviour and how she lashed out at Rebecca??

I know this chapter is so short but i just had to make it for you guys because I know most of you were anticipating for what the outcome would be between Rebecca and Amarachi's discussion and I'm having exams so it won't be ok to keep you guys in the dark for too long.

Please remember to vote, comment, keep reading and share my story to others.
❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤