Chapter 90

Amarachi cried deeply on seeing herself handcuffed.
Jordan and chief Victor immediately went over to her side, trying to talk to the inspector.

"I didn't do it please. I didn't please. I'm not a thief"Amarachi said as she shed tears inconsolably.

"Inspector you can't take her. She's not the culprit"Jordan said as he held inspector Demilade's hand.
The inspector yanked her hands away from Jordan's grip and shot Jordan a hard glare.

"Inspector please Amarachi can't be responsible. She's not the real culprit"Chief victor interceded.
Jordan felt so pained on seeing what was going on with Amarachi.
He knew she was framed and all his suspicion screamed Nicole's name.

Nicole on the other hand wondered why her dad was supporting Amarachi so much. It made the hatred she had for Amarachi soar higher.

"Why are you so keen on me releasing this pickpocket Mr Victor?"Inspector Demilade asked in a sarcastic tone.

"Because she's my daughter"He replied immediately.
Gasps of shock could be heard. Amarachi slowly looked up at him admist her tears.
Her eyes were so red and swollen from crying.

"I mean she's a daughter to me and something in me tells me she's innocent"He added.
Watching him defend her brought tears to Amara's eyes.
She broke down once more wailing hardly.

"Mr victor I didn't steal it. I promise. I'm innocent"Amarachi pleaded.
"Don't let them take me to jail please. I'm innocent. I didn't do anything"Amarachi added in her tear filled voice drowning in her pleas.

Watching Amarachi beg brought tears to his eyes. He immediately wiped his tears. He didn't know why he felt so close to her.
"I promise nothing will happen to you"He whispered to her.
Nicole was already infuriated with Amarachi.
She felt like strangling her as she watched how her father defended her.

Inspector Demilade let out a chuckle.
"Don't be deceived by their innocent looks. Looks can be so deceiving and the prettiest girls are the most wicked"

"The police is already involved in this case chief. I am not releasing her. If she spends some months in the cell she will learn how to behave better and if any of you try to stop me then I'll arrest that person for trying to prevent an officer of the law from performing her duties. Constable take her away"Inspector Demilade added sternly as she shot both Jordan and Chief Victor a baleful glare.

Jordan was about holding Amarachi as they took her away but chief Victor held him immediately.
"Jordan, don't do anything ok. We will go to police station and get her out"he whispered to him.

Jordan felt so enraged as he watched them take Amarachi away.
"I didn't do anything"Amarachi pleaded as they took her away.
"Goddamnit!"Jordan suddenly shouted.

Jordan immediately walked over to Nicole and dragged her towards the centre of the room. She winced and whimpered as his grip was so strong. It felt like he would pierce through her bones.

"Are you happy now!? Answer me!!?"
Nicole became startled by Jordan's  outburst.

"I didn't know you could stoop this low just because you never liked Amarachi. You are disgusting. Nicole I hate you!"Jordan spat infuriated.
Nicole felt embarrassed as Jordan shouted at her in front of the guests. She immediately started crying loudly. Everyone stared in awe.

"What did i do? Amarachi was the one who stole not me. Why are you lashing at me. Amarachi is the thief!"

"Nicole!"Jordan shouted as he raised his hands to hit her again.
"Jordan calm yourself down"Mrs Linda interjected sternly.

"Nicole, this is the last straw. This is the last stunt you will pull on Amarachi. If anything like this happens again, Nicole I swear I'll kill you"Jordan threatened.
His golden eyes pierced into her with rage dancing in them.
He immediately walked out and headed for his car.