Chapter 66

"Amara you are awake"Lydia said as she stopped her discussion with ogechi and faced Amara who sluggishly walked into the parlour with a broom.
Amarachi nodded her head and yawned lazily.
"Goodmorning aunty"she greeted before bending down to sweep but was stopped by Lydia.

"Start from the kitchen. It's very dusty and sandy"Lydia suggested.
Amarachi sighed heavily and went towards the kitchen.
Ogechi hissed and pinched her mother"Why can't she start sweeping from here?"

Lydia snorted.
"Because i want to tell you that this morning is the D-day. Watch and see the drama that will unfold at Mrs Justice's place"
Ogechi drew in her breathe suddenly "We are going there today?"

"Ofcourse. Just watch and see how things will turn out in your favour"

* * * * * * * * * *

Becca must have probably thought Nonso was still sleeping as she tiptoed out of their bedroom,quietly locking the door behind her.
She quickly made her way towards the gate.

Unknown to her, Nonso wasn't fast asleep. Rather he was awake,eagerly waiting for her to step outside so he could follow her to the supposed"Morning mass"she goes to.

"Good. Just go becca. I'll follow you and definitely find out where you go you every morning"Nonso said through gritted teeth.

* * * * * * * * *
AMARACHI

I happily walked to the shop. Today was the day i would present my work to Mrs Justice. As usual Lydia and Ogechi were agitated and bothered.

Probably now they must have known that being wicked leads you no where.
Finally, fortune was shining upon me.
God had definitely heard my prayers which was why he sent Mrs justice that fateful morning that aunty Lydia sent me out to fetch water.

Thinking of that morning brought tears to my eyes.
That same day I came in contact with Jordan. He rescued me from aunty Lydia's clutches.
God!
They were really Godsent to me.
And now they both are interested in my sewing.
I used the back of my palms to wipe my tears off.
I just wished my life could go smoothly from here.

I approached the shop and opened it.
Stepping inside, a huge sigh escaped my parted lips.
I spotted the bag containing Mrs Justice's fabric and walked over to it.
I opened it with a smile to inspect my work but my smile immediately disappeared once i saw the fabric.

I let out a shriek and dropped the fabric immediately.
What was this?
Did i sew this?
No no no!
This can't happen to me.
I picked up the fabric and examined it. I couldn't believe what i was seeing.
It looked so worn out, the beautiful colours that once clothed it were all washed out and to worsen it, the beautiful gown I sew had no shape at all.

"This can't happen now!"I screamed as i crumbled into tears.
I stumped my leg violently as more hot fat tears kept rolling down my cheeks.
"No now. This was my golden opportunity!"I cried out.

I slumped down and cried the more,burying my head in my hands.
"Why me? Am i not destined to succeed?"

At this point, i feel so hopeless
My chance of going abroad has been ruined.
I had just one chance and now it was gone.
The tears spilled out of me without restraint.

* * * * * * * * *

Nonso watched Rebecca from afar as she entered a fenced compound, closing the gate behind her.
He leaped for joy because his suspicions had been confirmed.
He couldn't go on with this marriage and he had to look for a way to end it.
Biblically, adultery was the only basis for a divorce.
If his suspicions were really true then he would waste no time in divorcing Rebecca.