Chapter 91

AMARACHI

I stared at the ceiling of my room, heart beating in fear and trying to grasp the shock of what transpired earlier in the party this evening.
Where did that girl go so suddenly?
How could she vanish?
She was in the party earlier.
It really didn't make any sense to me but I did know she was responsible. But why did she do it?
Now I was pretty sure the hatred Nicole had for me would unfailingly triple. I am trying my best to get along with Nicole but everything seems abortive.

Nicole at that moment barged into my room, eyes staring at me with rage in them. I was shocked by her intrusion.
I stood up immediately from the bed and approached her.
"Nicole I didn't steal your purse. I am not a thief. Please"I said softly attempting to convince her.
Suddenly i watched as her glare turned to a grin. A mischievous grin.

"Now you know what I'm capable of doing"Nicole menacingly said as she folded her arms at me.
Her eyes sparkled on seeing the fear and shock in my eyes.
So she was the one that planned all these.
She really hated me so much that she would go as far as framing me up.

"Nicole! How could you!?"

"Don't you dare raise your stupid voice at me?"Nicole snapped back as she pointed a finger at me.

"Look at you"Nicole began.
"Just take a good look at yourself, do you really think I'll let you just come and take Jordan away from me? Do you think I'll just fold my arms and watch Jordan leave me? You must be very stupid if you think that.

What does he even see in you anyways? Huh? Everybody praises you. Everybody loves you. What is so special in you? Even my father defended you today. He fucking called you his daughter! I won't sit and watch you take the people I care about. You are just a good for nothing girl"Nicole spat at me, venom in her tone.

Anger,disbelief and sadness coursed through me.
This girl would actually go to any length to get what she wants.

"Nicole I really can't believe how shameful you are. You are so wicked. Why is your heart so wicked? Why are you doing this to me? I have never for once wished you bad yet you keep on trying to put me in some sort of trouble. If Jordan is truly yours as you claim then you shouldn't fight so hard to get him. You sent me to jail yet he went through all the hurdles to bail me out. Can't you see the handwriting on the wall? Are you that blind? Jordan doesn't love you!"

I watched as Nicole's jaws and fist clenched in anger the moment i uttered my last statement.
"Amarachi how dare you!"She thundered, chest rising with anger.

I rolled my eyes at her and hissed loudly.
"You know this is the reason you don't have a parent"
I suddenly started at her. Does she want to involve my late parents in this?

"Yes Amarachi! This is the reason your mother left you. This is the reason why nobody good stays in your life. Because you are a bad person. Who would want a child like you? A child that is never contended. Instead of you to focus on the lowlife thugs you are here chasing my man. This is the reason why your mother left you. She is ashamed to have a child like you. You caused her nothing but pains and regret. And your father..."

"Stop it!"I yelled back interrupting her. Nicole chuckled at me.
"Don't bring my parents into this"I added, my voice raspy all of a sudden.

"I'll definitely bring them into this. Why can't I? I'm just telling you the simple truth. This is the reason you don't have any good thing in your life. You don't even have parents"

"I do"I replied immediately, my voice slowly getting weak.
"I have a mother and a father"I added as my eyes were gradually getting tear stung.

"Who is your father? Do you know him?"Nicole ironically asked as the corners of her lips pulled up in a taunt.