Chapter 39

AMARACHI

Nonso loves me? Did i just hear him right?
I finally understood why Rebecca never liked seeing me with Nonso.
Suddenly I felt this unexplainable disgust for Nonso.
How could he betray Rebecca like this?

"Amara"Nonso said softly as he cut through my thoughts.
I looked at him and just felt nothing but disgust for him.

"Amara I love you deeply"he said once more as he held on to my hands.

I released my hands from his grip immediately and glared at him.
"Nonso how could you? Why are you betraying Rebecca like this?"I asked trying to be polite.

He had this bewildered expression on his face like he didn't understand what I was saying.
"Amara I don't understand?"

I clasped my hands together and chuckled at Nonso.
Did he really think I was a fool?

"Nonso do you think I am fool? You are trying to play two girls at a time right? You are engaged to Becca and you are confessing feelings for me at the same time Nonso!"
I shook my head at him with a smirk on my face.
"So you are like those other guys Nonso?"

Immediately his eyes widened and he clenched his fist.
"Amara!"Nonso bellowed at me.
I wasn't intimidated by him.

"Yes!! Shout Nonso!!! I never believed you could ever be like this. Is playing with people's feelings a joke to you?"I asked rheotorically.

Nonso exhaled deeply and blinked repeatedly,"I am sorry for raising my voice at you"

"Keep your apologies to yourself Nonso and go apologise to Becca. You are trying to destroy the friendship we three share right?"

Nonso stared at me, confused and shocked," No I'm not the one Amara. Becca is the one trying to ruin our friendship. Amarachi I love you,not Rebecca. I was never engaged to Becca. She trapped me. becca is just trying to separate us and you are letting it happen. Can't you see?"

I shook my head in disgust as I stared at nonso before letting out a laugh.
"Nonso don't ever talk to me again. I'm receiving all these insults from Becca because of you. Don't ever try to talk to me again. Cancel whatever you have of me in your head. I see you as a brother nothing else. Go fix things with becca" I lashed out before turning to walk away.

Nonso held unto my arm but i yanked it away from him and walked away.
He walked after me and tried talking to me as i walked towards the gate but i ignored all his pleas and pushed him away.
I felt sick in the stomach.
I never believed Nonso could be this way.
I never believed he was a cheat and a flirt.

Anger and disbelief coursed through me.
I made up my mind to first go and beg aunty Lydia then after settle things with becca.

I can't let Nonso's attitude ruin our friendship.

********************

"Lydia will Amarachi come back?"Francis whispered as he peeled some oranges for both him and Lydia.

Lydia let out a scornful laugh and kept on licking the orange in her hand,"See I don't care at all. Whether she comes or not doesn't concern me but i definitely know she will come back"

Francis mumbled with words before finally speaking up.
"Are you sure Lydia?"He asked tilting his head to her.

Lydia nodded her head as an evil grin crept to her face.
The gate then whirled open as if on cue and Amara stepped inside.

Lydia motioned with her head for Francis to see Amara.
They both watched as Amara approached them,looking so anxious and nervous.

Immediately she was close enough to them, she knelt down on her knees begging Lydia profusely.
"Aunty I'm sorry please it was my mistake. I have no where to go please take me back in"Amara pleaded as she clasped her hands together.