Incredible .49

Emilia

It's the last day of October meaning Halloween was finally here. The holiday falls on a Thursday this year so we couldn't do anything crazy. Jon has a game tomorrow and we all had school so it looked like we only had time for some responsible fun.

For the Halloween party put on by the Blackhawks Jon and I went as Iron Man and Pepper Potts since she was a strawberry blonde like me and I didn't have to do all that much. Jon had the fun job of wearing that uncomfortable plastic suit but he had the glasses and it actually looked really cool.

As for the family Halloween we were going as the Incredibles. This is one of the last Halloween's for Jasmine and Kenneth hasn't gone trick or treating before so it was going to be a good night.

I slip into the skin tight suit then immediately start to question if this was the best idea. Hopefully I don't see any of my kids but considering we're taking them around where Jon lives I don't see why we would. But the last thing I need it for my kids to see me as a sexy mom.

"Jesus christ" Jon gasps as he looks me over.

"Okay so now I really feel like I should change" I laugh sarcastically.

"No no, that was a good outburst of emotion" he tries.

"And what do you say to anyone else who will have the same reaction" I ask him.

"Oh... oh now I see what you mean" he nods. "But you shouldn't let stupid guys dictate what you wear."

"No offense Jon but not that long ago you were one of those guys I wouldn't dress like this in front of" I tease. "And it's not so much the attention as what they say. You would think that a little teetotaler grade school teacher who wears jeans most of her life wouldn't face such harassment from men but I have. It's such a disgusting feeling being stared at, guys cat calling and calling me names. They expect me to be flattered but really I'm disgusted."

"I'm sorry I'm still trying to figure out what the hell a teetotaler is" he claims as I giggle.

"A person who doesn't drink alcohol" I tell him.

"Ah" he nods his head. "And I'm sorry you have gone through that, and I'm sorry it might never stop. I wish I knew why guys did that shit. You can't blame the beer becasue it happens in high school and high end functions it has no place being in.

But this is our first Halloween together and the kids are so excited. I don't want some dumb ass pitiful man to stop you from being a part of it" he tries.

I let out a soft sigh as I shake my head. He was right. He was absolutely right. "Okay. I'm pretty much ready then" I sigh.

"Wait? Did I just win a discussion" he asks.

"Baby there's no winners and losers in discussions" I tell him.

"But we don't fight. This is the closest I will get" he tries.

"If you need to hear it, then you were right. I can't let my conscious get in the way" I admit.

"Holy shit is this what you feel like all the time? This is amazing" he teases.

"If you're going to patronize me I prefer you do it when I'm not around" I laugh.

"No no. No need. I'm done. Just wanted to see you smile" he claims.

"Well mission accomplished" I smile.

We collect the kiddos and grab their bags to load up the goodies. We take them around the building before going out to the north side. Jon had friends out there and I felt just fine letting them run around going to door to door.

So Jon and I walk hand in hand in our super hero jump suits and he stops to take pictures with a few fans. I always said he was like a super hero. Now look at him.

"Mommy look" Ken says running up to me. He had a bag full of candy already and I was starting to dread this week long sugar high I will have to deal with. That or him pouting when Jon won't let him eat all the candy because he's a athlete and can't put that in his body. Either way I gotta deal with it.

"That's a lot of candy baby" I tell him.

"Jas and I want to hit up a few more houses then can we go home" he wonders.

"It's barley seven" I say.

"I know. But I wanted to watch the Incredibles with you guys before bed" he admits and I smile.

"Alright sweetie. I'll round up Jon and we can get going in about fifteen minutes" I say.

"Okay" he cheers before running off.

I find Jon and let him know of the plan. He takes a few more pictures before excusing himself so we can get home.

"When you were a kid what did you want to be" I ask him as we drive home.

"A hockey player" he says and I laugh.

"No. I mean like for Halloween. It's the one night of the year you can be anyone. There's no rules and no limitations. What did you want to be" I question.

"Honestly I was still a hockey player" he chuckles as I shake my head. "But before any of that, I wanted to be a fire fighter. I thought it was so cool what they do. You ever hear of a person not liking a fire fighter? I wanted to save people just like them. Run into the burning building and be who people call when they need something. People celebrate what I do but that's a real super hero" he claims.

"That's actually really sweet. And to think I was scared you were going to feed me some hockey answer" I tease.

"What about you? What did the great Emilia imagine herself being? President? Doctor? God" he jokes making me giggle.

"I didn't want to be anyone. Honestly, all I wanted was to be happy. To be loved. Halloween came around and my grandparents asked what I wanted to do. All I wanted was to be with them, loved by them" I explain.

"Seriously? Not even the spice girls? Marie Curie" he asks.

"Grandpa said that the best person I could be, was me. And I believed him. He could have told me anything and I would have believed him. But he only told me whatever I needed to hear whenever I needed to hear it. I'm thankful for him, for everything he taught me. I might not have had a big bag of candy on Halloween but I knew the next day when I woke up and I was still myself everything would be okay" I admit.

"I would go as you for Halloween" he claims making me roll my eyes.

"Yeah right" I scoff.

"Oh come on! I get to be a super sexy and funny woman who touches the lives of everyone she has ever met. That's awesome" he claims.

"You over sell me" I accuse.

"And you're greater than you realize" he argues.

"I guess I am pretty incredible" I say pointing to the I on my chest.

"Now you ruined it" he laughs.