Wanted. 23

Jonny

We handle the Wild in the first round like you would expect a one seed to take care of a eight seed. Next up was our hated rivals the Detroit Red Wing's. This was a matchup that had history, that has a lot on the line with the Red Wings moving out of the central division next year. We won't be meeting a hundred times a year and this rivalry will start to fizzle out kind of like what happened with the Canucks once we stopped meeting in the post season. But for now we still have this.

We win the first game and we're off to a good start. After a long night at the rink I was happy to get to the apartment. Though Emilia is no longer working and has the summer off she has two kids to watch over and was working on getting the last of their things into the apartment. Both the kids have their own rooms and they got to choose what to decorate it with. Kenny chose to keep his bed sheets and do a space themed room. He wants to be a astronaut when he gets older and you know what? I think he can do it. Who wouldn't love a hockey space cowboy? But my favorite room was Jasmine's. She picked out some navy blue and gold sheets and her only request was for things with anchors on it. Emmy did the rest designing her room with some cool art and tons of books to read over the summer. She's starting middle school and Kenneth is starting grade school so Emmy has her hands full. Plus she takes care of my sorry ass so I don't know how she does it. But no one does it better.

When I arrive at home I find them still in front of the TV. They had on the jerseys I gave them when they came to the game. Both the kids seemed very much awake and Em looked exhausted.

"Jonny" Kenneth cheers as he jumps up off the couch. He runs over and I easily catch him.

"How my favorite little man" I ask him.

"Really good. We got to stay up and watch the whole game" he tells me.

"You did really great Jonny" Jasmine says and I smile. She was a lot like Emmy, sweet and composed where Ken was a lot like me. I think it made this little family perfect, wouldn't change it for the world.

"Thanks kiddo. But I think it's time for you guys to get to bed" I insist as a zombie Emilia rises from the floor.

"I can handle Ken. You go help Emmy find the bedroom" Jasmine says as I set Ken down. She grabs his hand and takes his down the hallway to the bathroom to wash up and brush their teeth.

I go over to my wonderful girlfriend and pull her into a long kiss. "You look tired. Beautiful. But tired" I say softly as I cup her cheek.

"It's been a long day. Had a nice little talk with the local police about Jasmine. Then I had to go to DCS and start doing paperwork for the both of them. On top of closing the lease at the old apartment and listening to Kenny yell "SHOOT THE PUCK" over and over again at the TV I am spent" she admits.

"Well I think we should tuck the kids in and head to bed then" I say.

"That sounds great" she smiles.

We get the kids tucked in and I take another shower before meeting Emmy in bed. She always had music playing when she goes to sleep and I don't mind. I wrap my arms around her as the music takes over. I forgot I even played tonight because when I was laid up with her none of that matters.

"You know I'd fall apart without you
I don't know how you do what you do
'Cause everything that don't make sense about me
Makes sense when I'm with you

Like everythin' that's green, girl, I need you
But it's more than one and one makes two
Put aside the math and the logic of it
You gotta know you're wanted too

'Cause I wanna wrap you up
Wanna kiss your lips
I wanna make you feel wanted
And I wanna call you mine
Wanna hold your hand forever
And never let you forget it
Yeah, I wanna make you feel wanted."

I softly run my fingers through her hair as she smiles up at me. Her hands rest on my chest rising and falling with my breathing.

"How's grandpa George doing" I wonder.

"Pretty much the same. He's upset with me because he had left everything to me in his will and now he has had to redo it three times to include Ken, you and now Jasmine" she rolls her eyes.

"Me" I ask.

"Yeah. He's got some historical pieces he wants you to have and something he wouldn't tell me about" she explains.

"I'd rather just keep him around" I admit.

"Me too. But he's ephemeral. Everything is" she claims.

"Everything" I ask.

"Well not everything. My want for you is forever. I know that much. I know that no matter what happens I will always want you. And you always make me feel wanted too" she claims.

"Good" I smile.

"Anyone can tell you you're pretty
You get that all the time, I know you do
But your beauty's deeper than the make-up
And I wanna show you what I see tonight

When I wrap you up
When I kiss your lips
I wanna make you feel wanted
And I wanna call you mine
Wanna hold your hand forever
And never let you forget it
'Cause, baby, I wanna make you feel wanted

As good as you make me feel
I wanna make you feel better
Better than your fairy tales
Better than your best dreams
You're more than everything I need

You're all I ever wanted
All I ever wanted
And I just wanna wrap you up
Wanna kiss your lips
I wanna make you feel wanted
And I wanna call you mine
Wanna hold your hand forever
And never let you forget it
Yeah, I wanna make you feel wanted
Baby, I wanna make you feel wanted
You'll always be wanted."

My lips land on hers and I got this feeling in my chest. It happens every time we kiss. It feels like my heart just inflates and it's about to explode. It's so full of love I feel when I'm with her and I love this feeling.