Letter .67

Emilia

Spending Valentine's Day in Russia was never something I ever thought would happen to me, but I'm happy to be surprised some times. There's nothing I love more than a good adventure and I couldn't think of a better one than this. To have our family together again and celebrate the love that got us here. I know it was going to be a good day.

The morning was spent with Jon out on the ice practicing. Life moves pretty fast here. These guys are thrown together then told to figure it out. It'll be interesting to see how the games go but being here was a honor. So we walk around waiting for Jon to be done. Just enjoying the holiday.

"This is awesome" Jasmine says and I smile. I'm so happy she made it here.

"That it is. I can't believe I haven't been here yet" I admit.

"Where do you want to go" she wonders.

"Everywhere" I smile. "There's so much information out there. So many experiences I want to have. I can't imagine the things I'll never do, it'll be more than I ever could. But look at this place, I mean it's stunning. The colors and the archeticture and the food. I can't wait to go back and tell everyone about how great this was."

Eventually Jon joins us and we all go out for lunch. Valentine's Day wasn't close to being some of my favorite holidays but it's the only one I get to celebrate in Sochi with my family.

I sit down and we order some food. Jon tells us about his practice and Ken eats it up. It was his dream to play in the Olympics, at least as of a few days ago. He got to meet PK Subban who is really great with kids. Might be number two on Kens list right behind Jon.

"You look absolutely beautiful" Jon randomly whispers in my ear causing me to turn and look at him. His eyes studying me as he looks me over.

"Thank you babe" I say with a smile. His hand reaches over and rests on my thigh giving me butterflies.

"How has your day been" he wonders.

"Pretty good. The jet lag is slowly wearing off so I had a little more energy today. Though I'm pretty sure they're putting vodka in the coffee" I tease.

"Trust me you would know. Especially since you don't drink you would know if that stuff was in there" he claims.

"Well I'm a lot more awake today and I'm ready to se the world, with you" I admit.

"Can you believe this is our second Valentine's Day together" he sighs.

"It's crazy. I never much had a reason to celebrate this holiday. Never really cared much. But waking up today and finding a red dress and getting flowers from you had been amazing. My life was always on problem proceeded by another. Today I woke up not worried but thankful that I have someone in my life who loves me the way you do. I would be a idiot to think that many other girls get treated as respectfully and loving as I do. And today and every other day I am thankful for that" I say.

"I've been waiting to be back here for four years and I'm here and all I could think about, was you. For the first time in my life I wanted to be somewhere other than the ice rink because that wasn't where you were. And now that I'm here, it's even better than I was hoping" he smiles as he moved a blonde curl from my face.

"Alright you two" Andreé teases as my cheeks turn red. We both turn back to the table totally unconnected from whatever the table conversation was being in a world of our own.

We join in the real world and enjoy some delicious Russian delicacy's. I had a strong stomach and a wide interest in different foods. I haven't met food I didn't want to try. There's plenty I didn't enjoy but many more things I would kill to have again but can only get it in certain parts of the world if I want it to taste right. But I like the once in a lifetime kind of experiences, makes this life I love more fun.

After lunch Jon invited me over to his staying quarters so we can watch a movie and eat the chocolate covered strawberries I got us. We stay cuddled up in the tiny beds they have here. You would think a guy with two Stanley cups and a Olympic gold would have better housing but I guess when you're putting thousands of athletes in one place there's only so much room. But still.

"I got you something" he tells me and I frown.

"Seriously" I pout.

"Let me think, did I get my girlfriend something for Valentine's Day? Hmm" he teases as I playfully tap his chest.

"You got me a car for Christmas so sorry if I think it's a bit much" I accuse.

"You mean the only car you have because you already gave your old car to one of your students dads" he accuses.

"The man didn't gave a car to get him to work and support his kid. It worked just fine and will help him" I defend.

"You could have sold it" I remind her.

"Why would I do that if someone needs it" I question as ge laughs.

"So you can give everything you have but it's bad if you receive" he asks.

"Exactly" I smile making him roll his eyes.

"Well I got you something anyway" he says as he reaches under his pillow.

He hands me a envelope and I smile. I don't hesitate to open it up and see a letter.

"Did you write me a love letter" I gasp.

"I did" he smiles, obviously proud of himself.

"Oh this is perfect" I admit. I might not like getting gifts, but the gift of love is always welcomed.

I read the letter as tears come to my eyes. Letters always speak to me but this one, it has to be my favorite. Jon likes to act all tough but I know him. This letter is him.

As soon as I was done reading I pull him into a long kiss. He lays us down in the bad as I hold him close.

"When does your roommate come back" I whisper.

"I got rid of him for the day" he claims as he smirks.

"Perfect" I admit as I place my lips on his again.