Always .66

Emilia

With the Olympics coming up at the end of this month and me missing school for the first time ever I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Jon's doing all he can to help but he was just gone for five days and lord knows he is exhausted just as I was. It's been a weary few days for us but we're getting through it. Jon did laundry and even cooked us dinner last night. The effort is there it's just going to take a lot of effort.

And now we get to my least favorite part of any trip which is packing. Sochi this time of year was cold, it's the Winter Olympics anyway. So trying to fit coats and sweat shirts into a suitcase is going to be a problem, so here's to hoping it'll actually fit.

"Emmy" Jon asks as he sticks his head into our room.

"Here! Under this pile of clothes" I laugh as I crawl out of it.

"Wow. We don't have Ken for one night and you decide to play in a pile of clothes? We can do that when he is here" he teases.

"I'm sure he would love it. But I was running out of ideas and resorted to trying to visualize all the clothes fitting into the luggage. Obviously... it didn't work" I sigh motioning to the pile of clothes on the bed.

"Why not put some of it on your carry on" he wonders.

"I would but I gotta have stuff to keep Kenny preoccupied on the ride over. His carry on will be pillows and blankets and his stuffed animals that we can't afford to lose if they lose the luggage and mine will be games and puzzles and stuff to keep his anxiety down. You know how he gets on planes and this is a long flight" I admit.

"You're doing that thing where you're worrying about everyone else but yourself again" he accuses as he sits on the bed.

"No I'm not" I defend.

"Really? Because I talked to Jasmine and she told me about how you set the room up for Ken and Jas to have their own bed and you're taking the pull out" he accuses.

"I like sleeping on couches" I defend.

"And I know that you set up a itenrary filled with stuff for the kids and no time for you to relax" he tries.

"Your parents said they were more than happy to lend a hand while you were practicing" I say.

"And-" he starts again.

"Okay! Okay I get it I'll lighten my load and make sure I have everything I need for the trip. Happy" I ask.

"Hmmm not quite" he smirks as I roll my eyes.

"What else could you possibly want from me" I groan.

"A dance" he says as he gets up from the bed and walks over to me.

"Jonny there isn't even music" I say.

A smirk crawls on his face as he pulls a remote out of his pocket. He presses a button and music begins to play. I swear this man always has something up his sleeve. With Ken being out I knew he had something in mind. This was pretty cute.

He grabs my hands and pulls me into him. My arms wraps around his neck as we begin to sway to the music.

"Girl you are to me, all that a woman should be
And I dedicate my life to you always

A love like yours is grand
It must have been sent from up above
And I know you'll stay this way, for always

And we both know, that our love will grow
And forever it will be you and me, hey

Ooh your life is sun
Chasing all of the rain away
When you come around you bring brighter days
You're the perfect one
For me and you, forever we'll be
And I will love you so for always."

"You got this song from my grandpa" I accuse.

"I did. Has a whole playlist of love songs from the 1940's up until the 2010's he showed me. George was a hopeless romantic and I appreciate that about him" he claims.

"I always loved this song. Grandpa would play it on the record player and pull grandma out of her rocking chair. They would dance around the living room like they were at their wedding. Of course this song came out fifty years after they wed but you couldn't tell them that" I smile.

"Who knows, maybe this will be our song at our wedding" he says. I blink a few times before looking up at him.

"You think" I ask.

"Yeah! I think it works really well for us. It's pretty intense but so is our love. You are to me all that a woman can be and I hope you believe a love like ours is grand. And I truly believe it will be you and me for always. Always have and always will" he promises.

"Come with me my sweet
Let's go make a family
And they will bring us joy, for always

Oh boy I love your soul
I can't find enough ways to let you know
But you can be sure of course, for always

And we both know, that our love will grow
And forever it will be you and me

Ooh, your life is sun
Chasing all of the rain away
When you come around you bring a brighter days
You're the perfect one
For me, and you forever will be
And I will love you so for always."

My hand comes up to softly cup his cheek. I hold him in my palm trying to figure out how my whole world could fit in it. The smile spreads across my face as I get lost in his eyes. I never would have imagined that I would feel the love my grandparents share, but I do.

His lips quickly land on mine as I kiss him back. We fall onto the bed as I push my clothes that were supposed to be in the suitcase off to the side. I feel his hand slip under my shirt as his warm hands meet my cold skin. Suddenly I wasn't worried about any thing and certainly not packing. All I was worried about was his body on mine.

"Oh, you're like the sun chasing all of the rain away
When you come around you bring brighter days
You're the perfect one
For me, and you forever will be
And I will love you so for always
Ooh, ooh
I will love you so, for always."