Something. 4

Jonathan

"What kind of bed does your daughter sleep in" I ask Marian Hossa as I look through a catalogue. I picked it up at Target on the way in to practice but I wasn't really sure what I needed to look for.

I feel a bunch of eyes across the locker room land on me as they try to figure out why I need to know this information.

"Cappy is there something you want to tell us" Patrick Sharp asks breaking up the silence.

"No. Talking with you guys when it's not about hockey isn't exactly what I would call enjoyable. I just want to know at what age kids usually grow out of their beds" I say.

"Okay. Why..." Hossa counters.

"Just wondering" I shrug.

"You're a shitty liar, you know that" Sharpy accuses.

"I just don't know the difference between a twin sized bed and a full" I sigh looking between the two.

"A full is a little bigger and will probably last a little longer" Hossa answers.

"See. That wasn't so hard" I tease.

"Now answer our questions" Sharpy insists.

"Oh would you look at that! Practice is over time to go. Bye" I say getting up. I toss the Target catalogue in my locker and pack up. The guys continue to question my weird behavior but they'll never figure it out. They were pretty clueless outside of hockey but they were my idiots. Loved them more than anything.

I drive over to Target and find a full sized bed and bed frame. After thinking way too long about mahogany or metal frames I pick the wood set and some cool space themed sheets then put them in a truck I rented. Once everything was tied up I pull out my phone and dial Emilias number before she picks up.

"Hey Jonny" she answers and I smile. I love it when she says my name.

"Hey Emmy. I have a surprise for you and Kenneth. Are you home" I question.

"Yeah. I just got off work, why" she wonders.

"My surprise is kind of for your apartment. If it's okay with you I would like to drop it off" I say.

We've only known each other for a few weeks but we've gotten close. We talk every day and I look forward to hearing the sound of her voice. No one knew I was talking to her or knows we have hung out a few times. I don't think she's ever watched a hockey game before and I kind of like it that way. It's been her, me and Kenneth and it's been nice. I have learned so much from them in our short time together and I hope it never ends.

"Of course you can come over! I can text you my address" she assures me.

"Perfect" I smile.

She texts me the address and it wasn't too far from where I was. So I drive a little outside the city and walk up to the second floor of the apartment complex. I knock and Kenneth answers the door with as much excitement as you can find in a five year old.

"Hey little man" I smile before picking him up. I set him on my hip as his little arms wrap around me. He was such a sweet kid, I loved him.