Belong. 16

Jonathan

Now that April is here we were about to wrap up this season. The first post season game was at the end of the month and we were in a great spot. After breaking so many records to start this season it's been a pretty easy path to the playoffs. Of course there is no such thing as easy in the NHL but we had two goalies who were brick walls and all four lines firing on all cylinders. There isn't a team that could compare so from here on out we are working to be in the best position to win it all come the end of the month.

And with us being back in the city and settled in Emilia promised me a sleep over. So she lets Ken spend the night with one of the kids his age he has befriended during recess at school. I make sure my room was nice and clean and that I had some good wine set out. She had been over a few times to hang out or to pick me up but she hadn't stayed. And I wanted so bad for her to stay, luckily she wanted to also.

Once she gets here we sit on the couch and watch a few movies. She really liked Bridesmaids and Pitch Perfect, the comedies with a good story and good laughs. I was more of a action movie kind of guy but we could honestly watch the grass grow and I would enjoy it because I got to do it with her.

As she sits in my lap I take the time to admire her. Her hair pulled back like always and her black glasses sitting on her face. She only wears them when she's chilling at home or somewhere she feels comfortable so I am happy she's comfortable here. Her skin a bit tanner than when we left here a few weeks ago. Those big hazel eyes stare at the tv with intense focus, like she hasn't seen these movies a million times before. Unlike most people who are on their phones or fidgeting with something she can actually just sit there and focus. Couldn't be me but I admire that about her. Her ability to be able to put her everything into something and give it all her attention.

She rests her head back on my shoulder as her eyes stay on the tv. Her fingers spread across my chest before she grips my shirt softly. Having her sitting in my lap like this gave me a feeling like no other and it was totally worth the wait.

"Are you tired" I ask her softly.

"Not really" she admits.

"We can watch another movie" I tell her as the credits scroll across the screen. Our empty wine glasses sit on the table in front of us teasing us for more.

"Or, we can head to bed" she says as she looks up at me. I get chills when her eyes meet mine making my heart beat faster.

"Oh" I say as she starts to giggle. Her smile lighting up the dark room.

I turn the tv off and pick her up so she was sitting in my arms bridal style. Her arms loosely hanging around my neck letting me know she trusts me not to drop her. Carefully I maneuver my way to the bedroom and set her down on my bed. Her arms stay wrapped around me as she pulls me down. Quickly she presses her lips to mine causing me to place my hands by her head. I put my weight in my arms so I don't crush her before softly joining her on the bed.

We break apart for a moment as she looks up at me. She removes her glasses so they don't get lost in the sheets and takes her hair down letting me know she means business. I quickly shed my shirt before I feel her hands on my bare skin. A small smile on her face as she feels me, every inch she can get her hands on. Her fingers were freezing but it felt nice on my hot skin.

After getting undressed and finding our way under the sheets we lay there for a little while. There were no sounds, only a little bit of light shining down on us. I didn't need to see to feel her tangled up with me. Her heart still beating fast just like mine. My eyes flutter shut for a moment as I try to catch my breath. I feel her lips on my neck making me smile like a idiot.

"Jonny" she whispers in my ear nearly making me shiver.

"Yeah baby" I reply a little too quickly.

"Thank you" is all she says.

I open my eyes before sitting up a little. She sits up with me as she brings some blankets with her. "For what exactly" I wonder.

"I had spent my whole life trying to learn about everything I can. I wanted to know who I was going to be and what I was going to do from the start. And in a way it worked out, I'm a teacher, I'm helping people. I'm right where I belong. But I never quite figured out who I belonged with. Didn't date much and my family tree was three at most. I was so goal oriented that I never really thought about sharing all that I've done in my life with someone.

Thanks to you I found worth in my life. I get off work and I can't wait to talk to you. Hear the sound of your voice or just look into your eyes. You taught me what I was never going to find on my own. You showed me that yes it is important to have goals and means of achieving them but it's just as important to share them with those you care about.

For once in my life I feel like I belong with someone. I feel like there is someone out there who gets me and isn't going to try and stop me from reaching my full potential. You'll help me get there and it means a lot to me. I don't have many people in my life I trust, that I depend on. I'm glad it's you" she claims.

I pull her into a soft kiss before cupping her chin. "Being with you is my favorite place to be. And sharing everything I am with you has been the most fulfilling journey of my life and I hope it never ends. No cup or prize can compare to these moments I get to spend with you. I hope you know that you mean the world to me and I just want to make you happy" I insist.

"You do. More than you know, you do" she assures me.