Mum and Dad don't get it pt.2 (Tommy and the rest of sbi)

Again, no disrespect to Tommy's parents or Phil in this one. Just a story!

Tommy's POV:

Techno, Phil, Wilbur and I were just chilling in a call. I was looking at some YouTube analytics but other than that, we were just talking. We were good friends off stream, and got together like this a lot. After telling Wilbur I might be autistic in a call a few nights before, I felt like I almost had to tell Techno and Phil too.

"Techno, Phil. Can I tell you both something?"

"Go for it mate!"

"Wilbur already knows, so this isn't new for him, but I think I might be autistic."

"Okay. You really think so?" My anxiety picked up, this was becoming just like every conversation I'd tried to have with my parents about it.

"Phil, what are you saying? Tommy, you probably are autistic, don't doubt yourself on it. Just know that if you are, you are still Tommy. You've been autistic your whole life, even if it took 17 years to work out you are."

"Thanks Techno. And yes Phil, I really do. I've done loads of research, everything seems to fit with how I feel and think. Just not what I show."

"That's what I'm saying mate, you don't look autistic."

"What are autistic people supposed to look like Phil?" It was nice that Techno had sort of stood up for me, but now that Wilbur had also done it, I calmed down a little.

"Like the kids Kristen used to work with."

"Seriously Phil!"

"Okay well not like Tommy, you're normal mate. You can't be autistic." I sank down into my chair, no one could see me because our cameras were off but tears were slowly forming in my eyes.

"Phil, I suggest you leave the call. Go do some actual research on autism and talk to Kristen."

"Uh Phil? I think I good place to start might be masking. It's the reason I seem so normal to you. Everything is happening in my head, but I got subconsciously taught not to do any of it out loud. And that sucks. I don't want to act normal. I just want to be myself. But people like you mean I can't exactly do that."

He went to make an argument but Techno stepped in, "Phil don't even try to argue, just listen to the poor kid and leave the call."

"Fine, I'll do some research, bye everyone."

As I watched him leave the call I took a deep breath in and out, trying to calm myself. "You're alright Tommy, well done for telling them about it. Proud of you man."

"Thanks Wilbur. It's fine, he's just like my parents. I'm almost used to people not believing me at this point."

"You shouldn't be. I know how stupid people can be though. The amount of times my ADHD has been questioned over the years. Just know, we will support you if you need it. And the minute you turn 18, Wilbur and I are going to help sort out a diagnosis. Because without that diagnosis, I already know that imposter syndrome is going to tear you apart. It will do that to you even if you have a diagnosis but still, it helps. In the mean time, Wilbur and I are here to talk, and we can all look into autism more."

"I'm crying right now. Thanks Techno. You don't know how much it means."

"Aww Tommy. I know you say it's fine, but we will talk to Phil, he shouldn't have said anything he did."

"I mean he has a right to. I've only just realised I might be autistic, and I deal with my own brain on a daily basis. It's probably hard for other people to see."